PDA

View Full Version : Slow thumping heartbeat

harasgenster
28-08-10, 13:19
Hi
I've been under a LOT of stress recently and I'm starting to worry about absolutely everything I notice about my body!

At the moment its a slow thumping heartbeat. I've had this before and not worried about it because I think its something to do with blood pressure.

I might be wrong but does your blood pressure drop if you stand up suddenly and then your heart pumps really hard to get the pressure up again?

What's actually happening (and it has been happening for years to be honest) is that I get a slow very hard heartbeat when I go to the toilet (i.e. just after straining).

It feels like its irregular and sometimes I also get a bit of chest discomfort as well.

The only reason I'm worried is because I'm not sure this is normal! I don't think its happened all my life, just in the past few years.

I know its an embarrassing subject but has anyone ever heard of or had this before?

It's probably really normal and I've just focused on it where I'm getting really anxious!

Thanks

davey
28-08-10, 19:17
Iv suffered this for years now, my heart rate is constantly changing from really fast to really slow or just normal,sometimes i cant feel it at all but sometimes its pounding like a drum through my entire body. My hospital carried out many tests on me because I also get a lot of chest discomfort and everything was fine,what they didnt explain was why this happens so i took it upon myself to research it (not via google).These feelings are perfectly normal and everybody gets it from time to timebut some notice it more than others. The best thing i did was get a load of booklets from the british heart foundation that explains how your heart works and why it does what it does sometimes,you should try that it helped me a lot to know why my heart sometimes thumps or races or slows right down,either way its nice to know it is nothing at all to worry about