PDA

View Full Version : am i having a breakdown

ellie1971
28-08-10, 20:22
im feel realy anxious n fuzzy cloudy head on 20 mg ov citalopram,, fee like im gonna have a break down what are the chances ov this happening

trooper
28-08-10, 22:04
We none of us are doctors, so we can't really give you medical advice, best to speak to your GP if you're really strugling. As a fellow sufferer I would say your chances of having a breakdown are zero.

I had a few days of extreme anxiety on around day 10 when I started at 20mg, it felt pretty awful. It was a very strong feeling all over my chest, especially on my heart and it felt very dark and unpleasant.

Anxiety can make you feel like something awful is going to happen, because that is waht those emotions are designed to do, you have to remember that anxiety is part of the fight or flight system. Its designed to be unpleasant in the face of danger so you'll move quickly.

It was never really suppose to be on all the time and that is why anxiety needs treatment.

Thing to remember is that it can't really hurt you physically or mentally on a permemnet basis however awful it feels. Its just an emotion, a chemical in your body, nothing more.

This is not the first time you've felt anxious and you've survived that just like you'll survive this.

I know its tough, and very uncomfortable but you've just got to hang in there for a while.

If it persists go back to your GP, they can pescribe you something like Diazapam or another anti anxiety drug to take the edge off while your body is adjusting to citalopram.

All you can do is be kind to yourself, eat well, eat healthy, keep your fluids up with water so you're hydrated, take a relaxing bath, have an early night, listen to music that soothes you etc.

Hope that reassures you and you feel better soon.

T

jaded jean
29-08-10, 12:32
eLLIE1971
I had exactly the same thougts as yourself around that time on cit and yes youcan go down really low before you come up again into the sunshine. I went back to the doc and said its not working but he said sorry Jean you have to ride this one thru as Ihad stopped another a/d previously, it will feel dificult like the head against the brick wall but you DO get better I have actually started back to work after 8 months off so that is a testament in itself. On that note we are all different and it might take some longer to get thru it or less time.either way you do.
keep strong hun.
Jean

ellie1971
29-08-10, 12:43
thankyou jean.. on my 4th week now,, arghhhh, x

JB63
29-08-10, 15:45
How are you feeling on your 4th week ellie1971? Did your side effects last very long ?

ellie1971
29-08-10, 15:51
still getting them jb,,, was bad yesterday,,,wot u on xx

jaded jean
29-08-10, 17:53
Honestly ellie1971 it will pass,
Give yourself a daily mantra- say tomorrow I will be even better and believe in yourself it does work and it will happen . Sending you good vibes hun.
Jean

ellie1971
29-08-10, 18:21
ive done that today jean,, fort do wat u want,, im seeing u threw,,, kiking its ass today getting floods ov anxiety feelings but im kiking ass,,, burning feeling is worse, xxx

hopeless
29-08-10, 18:29
Ellie

I have been on 20mg of Citalopram for about 5mnths now.The first few weeks were really tough and i just feel dreadful,every day felt like a mountain to conquer..Its does get easier even though you may think it wont.. Stick with it..

ellie1971
29-08-10, 18:36
thankyou hopeless, xxxxxxxxxxxx

jaded jean
29-08-10, 19:25
You will do it Ellie , I know you will remember its not real its your mind being an a*****e to you you can beat it just tell it to sling its hook. say it out loud and do it . I WILL BEAT YOU YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER ME I AM IN CHARGE HERE!!!!##xxxx jean:hugs: