PDA

View Full Version : So scared Blood Test Results

Kerry B
28-08-10, 23:36
Hi everyone

I am in real state I have Crohns Diease and had my yearly check up with the Consultant at the Hospital on Wednesday she gave me a card to take to the Pathology Dept to have a Blood Test, she said she would contact me if there was a problem other than that she would see me again in 6 months.

I couldnt face having a Blood Test on Wednesday but did go back yesterday and now are so worried about the results, keep thinking I have Cancer and am dreading a call from the Hospital, its causing my Anxiety to go through the roof, I guess I am looking for reassurance.

Thanks for Reading

nomorepanic
28-08-10, 23:50
Aww Kerry what makes you think you have cancer if the Crohn's is under control?

I have blood tests every 3 months and see my consultant every 6 months. They are worried about a few of my levels being low and some too high cos of the medication I am on but I trust them to let me know if I need to do anything.

Do you have any issues at the moment that make you think you have cancer?

Kerry B
28-08-10, 23:56
Hi Nicola

I just feel tired and no energy not everday just somedays and cannot be bothered to get dressed, just suffering with panic's and anxiety and feel very low at the moment, just getting over a chest Infection as with Crohns our Immune Systems are low.

Thanks for your reply hope you are ok x

nomorepanic
29-08-10, 00:02
I get very tired too Kerry and I know that we have to avoid stress and keep calm if we can as that aggrevates the Crohn's doesn't it.

I have a really bad sore throat at the moment and the sniffles so I have picked something up yet again - grrrrr

My Crohn's seems under control at the moment. Sometimes I go to the loo a lot but going 3 times a day is "normal" for me lol.

As you know the CRP will tell you if the Crohn's is behaving at the moment or not so I am sure they will let you know if it isn't.

Try and remember that it can be tiring having a crohnic illness as well

traciec39
29-08-10, 00:17
Hi sweetheart

Please stop worrying, why would you have cancer??? Crohns is a disease that the docs like to keep an eye on, so checking your blood is just routine to chk for infection, full blood count etc.
We all get a little worried about results sweetheart but try and calm down
Im sure all will be fine xxxx

Kerry B
29-08-10, 10:58
Nicola & Tracie thanks for your replies the reassurance does helpme xx