PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone :)

morningsong
29-08-10, 09:43
well i have been flitting backwards and forwards through the site and am so pleased i have found somewhere with all the support, information and advice in one place. I suffer from depression and have done most of my life i think, but only diagnosed after suffering pnd 8 years ago, 2 years after my son was born. I had a major depressive time of my life about 4 years ago due to my best friend and mil dying in the same week. I got better but relapsed last year :( I am slowly getting better - going back to study with the ou and making good friends. then bam i found out last week that due to my foggy brain - side effect of the citalopram for me - i had registered on the wrong course !!!!! I was so very cross and hated myself that i stopped the citalopram cold turkey. the discontinuation symptoms kicked in last night big time and both nhs direct and the samaritans told me to go back on them and to speak with my dr on tuesday....

i hate having depression, i hate having to take meds, and i hate the affect all this is having on my two boys :((

i want them to see a strong confident mum so they can be raised well and become strong and confident themselves. instead they have me :(((

thanks for reading.....

diane07
29-08-10, 09:45
Hi sqwoooze

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

angels22165
29-08-10, 09:49
Hello, and welcome you sound very much like me, I tried stopping Citalopram tapered them down to 5mg then the anxiety struck big time, so back on 20mg still dont feel the full effect yet 2 weeks on, I know what your saying regarding your kids, it just seems unfair - but we carry on and be strong. Julie :)

morningsong
29-08-10, 10:20
Thank you for your messages :) wow!! i'm really NOT alone am i :D

Veronica H
29-08-10, 12:32
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

KevsHoping
29-08-10, 18:52
Morningsong

We are all different with our issues but you are SOOO tight - you are NOT alone.

Kevxx:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
30-08-10, 14:38
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

margaret jones
30-08-10, 15:57
Hi morningsong welcome to this fantastic site , and remember your boys have a very caring mum and that is what counts to our kids lots of love is worth a fortune .#

Take Care Maggie xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fly away Katie
30-08-10, 20:58
Welcome to NMP, hope you find some helpful advice here :)xxxx