PDA

View Full Version : Hey people

graham87
29-08-10, 12:41
Hi, im new to these forums but have suffered with panic attacks and social anxiety for about 6 years now. Just joined these forums coz im in need of peoples support who understand anxiety. I do have friends in real life, but never get too close or would even consider telling them about my problems. Mainly out of fear i will put a huge downer on them and maybe affect their own lives for the worse.

Anyway, im here to hopefully make a few friends who understand, and i can be totally open with. :)

nomorepanic
29-08-10, 12:43
Hi graham87

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Belle89
29-08-10, 14:16
Hey :)
I'm new to here too!! I'm also quite new to anxiety and panic attacks, they've started coming on in the last 5 or 6 months so I decided to come here and get some advice to stop them in their tracks! I totally understand about keeping this problem from my friends in real life, i do the same. Hope you find lots of support on here though, it seems like a god-send to me so far!!
x

morningsong
29-08-10, 16:19
:welcome: I'm new here too.... :hugs:

JT69
29-08-10, 16:25
Hi Graham87,

Welcome to NMP. Hope you enjoy it here...its a brilliant site with lots of information and lots of support from people in the same boat.

Take care
Jo.xx

xLmOx
29-08-10, 17:14
Hey Graham, I understand where you're concerns with your family and friends come from. It is hard to open up especially because a certain part of you feels ashamed to be going through this. The main thing is to accept that your suffering from an illness which isn't your fault, you wouldn't feel guilty for having the flu? These people in your life are in your life because they love and care about you. My advice is to pick someone you feel will be understanding, someone you know who won't react badly or judge you. Mention to them that you have been feeling stressed... I always use 'stressed' as people often can understand that. Then explain the stress has been building and has affected you badly, explain your worries and what you have been going through. You may be suprised to find that they are willing to help more than you thought. I find it very difficult to open up to people and even knowing there is one person out there who understands how out of control you feel, it might make you feel a little better. You'll find using the no more panic forum very helpful too, as there are lots of people with similar experiences and who are always ready to help or give advice, sometimes even just someone to listen to you can take a lot of pressure off you. Know that your problems are important, know that you are important, make sometime for yourself to try and relax because you deserve it, love yourself and never blame yourself for any of your problems. It took me a long time to stop blaming myself, to stop suffering in silence and to stop feeling ashamed. There are millions of us that suffer from anxiety and depression due to circumstances you can't control. Love yourself and know you deserve to get better, know you are worth the effort. Good luck xx

KevsHoping
29-08-10, 18:49
Graham

Do what I do from this site and snatch periods of your day to log on and get a "fix" of "normality". Normality being the understanding that others are in the same boat.

Good luck mate

Kev

Starlight
29-08-10, 22:04
Hey graham87 :welcome: to nmp. This is a great site and i`m sure you`ll make lots of new friends here.

Antonio2301
29-08-10, 22:34
Hello Graham .. i joined in may and never looked back.. youl get stacks of help and support here :welcome: Ant....

graham87
30-08-10, 01:11
cheers for all the replies peeps