PDA

View Full Version : Introduce myself

Elaine Dalgleish
27-02-06, 18:41
What a relief to find this website! So wish that I had come across it before. There are so many stories that ring true with me that I shall probably be reading all night! I am 41 years old and have had panic attacks/disorder for many years. Usually once every 4 years I have a really bad few months - however my most recent episode was cut short with the help of betablockers, which I found much more useful than antidepressants.

Look forward to being a member.

katyfitz
27-02-06, 18:43
welcome elaine. your not alone. im 22 and have suffered severely with mainly anxiety but panic aswell. im constantly lighheaded and thinking im gonna faint im scared to go out sometimes and go to work, i fear im gonna die really soon, also i have alot of tension in my eyes like you get at the bottom of your head/neck (if this makes sense so hard to describe) keep in touch on here and we will pull thru

katy[8D]

jackie
27-02-06, 19:02
hi elaine, i just no you will love this site as much as i do. anything i can do just hollar
jackie

Alexandra
27-02-06, 19:05
Hi Elaine

Welcome to the forum.

As Jackie says you are not alone with your feelings.

You are at the right place for help & support.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

clickaway
27-02-06, 19:05
Welcome along, Elaine.

You'll be in good company here. Read the main advice pages as well as the forums on how to recover.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

sueiamnew
27-02-06, 19:16
Hi Elaine and welcome to the site.

krissie
27-02-06, 19:32
Hi there,

I'm Krissie and am quite new to this site myself, just thought I'd come and welcome you to the site and say a big hello!!!!

take care
Krissie :)

of the things I have lost I miss my mind the most!!!

trac67
27-02-06, 19:33
Hi Elaine,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Karen
27-02-06, 19:34
Hi Elaine

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to start by reading the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) and Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms) information.

You'll find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

nomorepanic
27-02-06, 19:49
Hi Elaine

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

lin
27-02-06, 21:04
Hi Elaine

Welcome;););)

linda x

sal
27-02-06, 22:44
Hi Elaine

Pleased you have found us, you will get lots of help and support here and you are never alone.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Meg
01-03-06, 14:00
Hello Elaine

Welcome - glad you've been doing a lot of reading and it has helped you. Let us know if we can help specifically

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?