PDA

View Full Version : Prostatitis - perinium pain.

Dan21
29-08-10, 22:43
Hello.

I wondered if anybody (male or female) has had any experience of prostatitis? I was suffering with mild discomfort when I was passing water a few weeks ago and a bit of an ache around my prostate area. I went to thye doctors as I was convinced that it could be the sign of something serious. The doctor said that the symptoms didn't sound like the things I was fearing - prostate or bladder cancer.

Anyway, things subsided a bit for a few weeks but it seems to have come back again. There is another forum that deals with prostatitis but it appears to be research orientated and I don't feel I can open up on there. Anyway, I'm becoming completely frantic that this ache in my perinium is the onset of something bad again. The whole area of prostatitis (if that's what I have) is really hazy which makes things worse. I want to go the doctors again to see if they can put my mind at rest but for some reason I'm terrified that this is the one time that something bad is going to happen. I'm absolutely terrified.

Adam22
29-08-10, 22:49
Hello mate,

I have been having pain there aswell..
well not pain but more a discormfort...

its goes and then comes back but it freaks me out a little..

Im sure the doc is right mate.. its about the only symptom I havent spoken to my doc about

Just take it easy and try to ignore it.. it does fade when u get urself busy

Adz :yesyes:

alexm
30-08-10, 21:34
Isnt like this or similar stabbing paint in this area related to IBS? im sure i have read this.

Adam22
30-08-10, 21:37
yeh I have heard you can have pains there in relation to ibs .. but sometimes i guess it can last a few days without going away and this can lead to the anxiety kicking in

Dan21
31-08-10, 00:20
This isn't so much IBS as a sort of bruised feeling between the testicles and anus. It varies from not there at all and feeling like I've been kicked there. I'm plucking up courage to go to the doctors but I don;t know if I'm over-reacting. I know these things can be caused by stress but I really didnt feel that stressed when this all started. And apart from the symptoms, I don't feel that stressed at the moment so how can I chalk this down to anxiety??

Adam22
31-08-10, 00:27
yeh dan .. ive def had the same sorts of pains.. my have gone away a bit now.. if its still bothering you mate then go to the docs to get the reassurance you need.. but i pretty sure we are in the same boat and its noting serious..

take care mate.. i got the docs on wednesday and i will bring it up.

I will post some feedback ..

Horse
01-09-10, 13:11
I've had this some years ago and occasionally still get it. It can also manifest itself after moments of sexual activity. The discomfort is, as you say, between the testicles and anus, not a pain as such but more of a deep ache.
I was told that my Coccyx (tail bone) was more curved than normal and therefore can occasionally press upon the sheet of muscles in that area producing discomfort.

Dan21
01-09-10, 21:57
Thanks for letting me know you have had this. I'm trying to convince myself that its nothing as last time I went to the doctors they said it didnt sound like anything serious. Horse, how long did the bouts of it last for you?

j2
02-09-10, 01:50
I get this too. I have read there is a nerve cluster in that area and I know I get odd nerve pain frequently so I chalk it up to my anxiety. good luck

Horse
09-09-10, 18:54
Lasted probably about a day or two if I remember.

looking4answers
21-11-10, 05:12
Hey Dan or anyone that posted here.. Did Dan ever find what was his problem? I know that some of you have mentioned almost what I am feeling but I fell on my tailbone years ago.. 25 to be exact and although never really had issues with it other than sitting on a really flat surface.I began having these pains after riding a bike for a few hours at at time and funny the seat hits that tailbone area quite a bit.. Now Im wondering if its just a bruising in a temporary way and hopefully not anything else..