PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone

Cre5po
29-08-10, 22:58
Hey guys and gals just thought I'd pop by and say 'ello

I've browsed this website on and off now for 3 years and have found a lot of the posts incredibly interesting and have felt they've given me a greater understanding of what I'm going through or that I'm not alone in feeling the way I do.

My names Tom and I'm 20 years old, I'm from Poole in Dorset (UK) and have suffered a mild form of agoraphobia for 3 years, this stemming from a phobia of v*miting when I was at sixth form locally.

Basically my childhood wasn't the best and the anxiety started when my dad moved out in 2006, as he often hit around me and my mum you'd think this was the beginning of something fresh but it hit me like a train and after splitting with my girlfriend and her spreading around those home truths if you like I found it incredibly difficult to go back to school. This was where I had my first panic attack aged 16 and trust me I had no idea what was wrong.

I'm here hopefully to support other people because in truth I've sat away trying my utmost to avoid confrontation with people in case they'd see me as some freak show. I hope that during my time here on this site which I must say I fully admire for all it's done I make friends and share experiences that perhaps could help people realize they are not alone.

Long introduction perhaps? :blush:

My msn handle is always open for people to add me if you'd like to discuss just about anything. I'm unemployed and online a lot of the time, it's one of those things that in truth dish out more pain to my mental health than do good due to it being such a distraction!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and I look forward to hearing from just about anyone with the time!

Thanks,

Tom x

diane07
29-08-10, 22:59
Hi Cre5po

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Cre5po
29-08-10, 23:10
Hi Cre5po

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Hey there Diane thanks for the swift response and welcoming to the site.

Having already read some of the articles I'm very impressed and look forward to spending time here.

All the best,

Tom

nomorepanic
29-08-10, 23:18
Hi Tom and welcome to NMP .......

We hope you get some help here and meet like minded people

AIDIELOU
30-08-10, 07:32
hi tom
i have panic and agraphobia.not good is it.ihave had it for about 15 years now on and off.back where i started for a while now since my mum died but hopfully chatting on here will help me realise again that its not just me thats in this state.i to dont work becouse of the panic when i go out.all the best happy to talk if you need to.ps been to poole when i was on a good spell :D lol.lovley place

Veronica H
30-08-10, 12:15
:welcome:to NMP Tom. Glad that you have found us. :bighug1:So sorry that you have had a bad start in life, but you can turn this around. Don't let the past define who you are.

Veronicax