PDA

View Full Version : Question!??is this anxiety?????

holly23
30-08-10, 00:39
hello.
im a regular user of this site. and its helped me alot. i have a question though.
my partner has been through a very traumatic few months. he has no history of anxiety or panic at all however just now he experienced

fast beating heart,
the feeling that everything around him was going slowly
his mind was going very fast.
spaced out

i dont think ive had this exact feeling so i dont want to tell him its panic incase its not and i freak him out. i only ask because there is a chance it may not be panic. he has been doing alot of drugs to deal with his trauma etc. i know this has effect as ive been down that road and its why i am suffering. so could this be the build up of to many drugs and to much stress?hes done drugs alot before and this has never happened.but could things be different now he suffered his first real bad experience. does anyone else get these syptoms when they panic etc?? sorry for the essay but it takes some explaining. any advise would be great. thank you. xxxx

verity
30-08-10, 01:15
It could be anx or it could be the drugs or both. Probably both. He needs to stay off the drugs to see if the symptoms ease.. also if he has been doing lots of drugs and has just stopped it could be withdrawal. I would suggest a visit to drs for health check and some counselling to stop him having the need to turn to drugs when stressed.