PDA

View Full Version : Crack in forehead (wrong section maybe to post maybe)

johansaken
30-08-10, 09:20
I have a irregular crack going from my right eye up at the top of my head (in my skull). Had it forever. never thought about it until now. Im not panicy over it. Just wondering if this could have come from my childhood? (abused, thrown or dropped) I grew up in an abusive home and cant remember that much from that time.

Any replys would be appreciated

Betho
31-08-10, 18:13
Do you mean a crack in the skin (like a scar) or can you feel a crack in the skull when running your finger across your forehead?
If its a scar then yes, this will be caused by injury. Its just a scar and nothing to worry about :)
If its the latter then the only way you will be sure is by going to the doctors and getting xrays. Can other people feel it when they run their hand across it?
As for the abuse in your past, maybe you could look and getting counciling about it if you havn't already. Even if you can't remember much it is probably in the back of your mind quite a bit and sometimes talking about these things to somebody impartial can help you grow and be content as a person.

johansaken
02-09-10, 12:28
I mean in my skull, not a scar. Its been like that forever. Since I was a child. Ive been through 4-5 years of therapy (still going. Im getting DBT since I got the diagnose Borderline/IPS along with the anxiety diagnoses).
Yes others can feel it. Was just wondering.

Anxious_gal
02-09-10, 17:57
ask your doc for your medical records , you might find your answer there .

PanchoGoz
02-09-10, 19:23
You should know where it came from because it would have been a big wound to make a crack. A crack wouldn't just appear. If it causes you trouble then get it checked out. If not, then it could just be the shape of your head. It seems it is a benign feature so no worries!