PDA

View Full Version : Mother passed away

jothenurse
30-08-10, 12:46
As some of you know from reading some of my posts, my mother had recently been on hospice. She passed away yesterday. My father passed away in 2001. I feel like I am in shock. No parents left. I'm hoping my anxiety won't be too bad as we go through all the preparations for the funeral and all the other legal things you have to go through. It's just so strange not having any parents now and I feel lost.

racdun
30-08-10, 12:54
Sorry to hear about your recent loss Jo. It must be really hard at the moment but I hope you will find strength to get through the next few weeks with as little anxiety as possible.
Thinking of you
Rachael

ann01
30-08-10, 12:58
So sorry for your loss Jo. My thoughts are with you xxx

alicegreen
30-08-10, 13:10
I think that you truly realise you are a grown up when you lose your parents. Im sorry to hear about your loss, jo, and wish you much strength to get through the coming months. X

lizzie29
30-08-10, 13:40
So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and sending you lots of strength. x

jothenurse
30-08-10, 13:55
Thanks, you guys. I really appreciate all your support.

JT69
30-08-10, 14:31
Hi Jo,

Sorry to hear of the loss of your mother, my thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Take care
Jo.xx

Vanilla Sky
30-08-10, 14:34
I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you love , strength and hugs

Paige xx

alwaysanxious
30-08-10, 15:55
my thoughts are with you jo ,take care xxxxxxxx

lisa x

Louise21
30-08-10, 16:08
I'm so sorry to read of your loss. I, too, have lost both my parents and can understand a little of how you feel.
Thinking of you at this sad time.
x

Maj
30-08-10, 16:18
I am so very sorry to hear about your mum. Your heart must be broken. God bless you at this very difficult time.:hugs:

SueBee
30-08-10, 17:00
My thoughts are with you at this very sad time Jo. Sending you lots of love and strength to carry you through.

Sue xxx

ladybird64
30-08-10, 17:19
Thinking of you and wishing you courage to cope at such a difficult time.

xx :hugs:

heavenly
30-08-10, 17:38
As some of you know from reading some of my posts, my mother had recently been on hospice. She passed away yesterday. My father passed away in 2001. I feel like I am in shock. No parents left. I'm hoping my anxiety won't be too bad as we go through all the preparations for the funeral and all the other legal things you have to go through. It's just so strange not having any parents now and I feel lost.

Hi Jo. So sorry to hear about your mum. :hugs: I do understand, I lost my mum suddenly 3 years ago, and have not seen my dad for over 15 years now, it does feel strange not having a parent anymore, I don't know about you, but I still feel too young to be an orphan. Do just be kind to yourself, you will feel all sorts of things, let it out, whatever it is, and take care of yourself. It will take time but it will get a little easier. xxx

jothenurse
30-08-10, 18:00
Thanks again for all your replies. I appreciate it.

juliej
30-08-10, 18:47
Hi Jo,

Im so sorry to hear about your Mum. I know how you are feeling my Mum passed away 3 months ago . I found my anxiety actually was okay during the first few weeks , I think our body protects us and you feel quite numb to start with. I really worried about the funeral but actually it was beautiful, I felt so proud and I didn't once feel panicky.

Its such a sad difficult time but i'm sure you will be ok. :hugs:

Take care Julie xx

zoe-22
30-08-10, 19:04
sorry to hear about your loss my thoughts are with you love and hugs zoe x

Ambers
30-08-10, 19:27
I am sorry for your loss x

Veronica H
30-08-10, 21:00
So sorry to hear this Jo. You are not alone as we are always here for you.:bighug1:

Veronicax

xBettyBoopx
30-08-10, 21:21
Dear Jo

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest heartfelt sympathy.

Els
xxx

paulaf
30-08-10, 21:42
My deepst sympathy too Jo, take care and know that you are in all of our thoughts xxx

pollyanna
30-08-10, 23:34
sorry to hear of your loss jo. thinking of you, hugs xx

Under~The~Stars
31-08-10, 00:21
Massive hug :bighug1: Somewhere inside you will be strength to keep going. Your parents would want you to carry on and live your life :hugs:

You take care,

:hugs:

eeyorelover
31-08-10, 00:49
I'm so sorry Jo!
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time!
I will pray for peace and strength for you!
(((HUGS)))
xxx
Sandy

blue moon
31-08-10, 01:19
Dear Jo.....I am sending you love and:bighug1:
You keep strong and mentally healthy,thinking of you.
Love Petra xx:flowers:

uk23
31-08-10, 02:55
I am very sorry to hear that, I don't know you but losing anyone you care about is very very hard to get through.

I'm 23 but have already lost 19 people I knew very well/family and been to 8 funerals, if you would like to talk please message me.

I have said a prayer for your mother.

jothenurse
31-08-10, 03:51
You guys are fantastic!!

t_a
31-08-10, 13:21
I'm so sorry to read of your loss. Please know that anytime you need to speak to someone I will be here to PM as I'm sure many of us will be.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

x x x x

andrew
31-08-10, 13:31
Hi Jo, Sorry to read about the loss of your mum, I hope you and your family are coping ok, take care

JaneC
31-08-10, 13:34
So sorry Jo, I know how adrift I will feel when my mum goes. Try to take care of yourself :hugs:

Baggie
31-08-10, 13:48
Dear Jo

I'm so deeply sorry to hear that you've lost your mum. I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you. Take care. xxx

sb001f8994
31-08-10, 14:42
So sorry to hear of your loss. It is strange this inner strength we have when we really need it most.
Take care.

MOJO
02-09-10, 10:00
Dear Jo,
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. The death of a loved one is so hard to deal with. I will pray for strength for you to be able to cope.
Love and hugs to you,:hugs: Judy.x

Dahlia
02-09-10, 12:02
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Jo. I'll be thinking of you.

Dahlia x

caz1625
02-09-10, 13:03
So sorry to hear of your loss Jo. I don't know where the strength comes from but it does and you get through it. I lost my mum 4 years ago and have actually become a stronger person since then........you realise that life is too short. I like to think she is with me everyday watching over me.
Take care :hugs:

Carol x

jothenurse
04-09-10, 04:37
My Mom's funeral was yesterday. I somehow got through the visitation and funeral. I was pretty nervous. Now I feel very depressed and just loss now that both my parents are gone.
Thank you all for you support.

JaneC
04-09-10, 10:21
Chin up Jo, it's only natural to feel the way you do. My neighbour lost her mum earlier this year. They were very close (only child and her dad never played much part in her life). She took it very hard but she is getting there. So will you but it takes time, allowing yourself to grieve and being kind to yourself x

jothenurse
04-09-10, 13:18
I woke up early this morning with an upset stomach and now I've had diarrhea a few times. I do have IBS - do you think I have a bug (which makes me nervous) or do you think it's just my IBS acting up after all the stress this week?

jothenurse
11-09-10, 14:19
I went back to work this past week after having the week prior off for my Mom's visitation and funeral. It was hard, but I think trying to be busy at work probably helped. It is very difficult, because I am dealing with the grief of losing my mother, but also the anxiety. Mornings are always the hardest. I sometimes feel like I will lose control, or go nuts, or something. But, I am assuming that this is the anxiety. I had these feelings before, but they were getting a little better. Now, with the anxiety of losing my mother, some of those thoughts have returned. Do you think it is just the added stress? I seem to be doing pretty good at work for the most part, going grocery shopping, trying to exercise (even though I get scared when my pulse goes up because of the tachycardia episodes I've had with the anxiety). My weight is going up (have gained almost 10 pounds after losing 20). My therapist feels that I am doing well and so does the Nurse Practitioner. It's just sometimes I feel so lost now. I think I have been a caretaker for quite some time and now feel lost, along with not having any parents left. I am trying to cope with that. Anyone have any tips of wisdom in dealing with losing your last parent plus having a panic disorder? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

agnes
11-09-10, 22:24
I'm in a similar situation, Jo. My Mum passed away a year ago and my Dad in 2000. And I have the anxiety symptoms too.

I consulted my GP after my Mum's death because I too thought I was going crazy but couldn't tell whether it was anxiety or grief...he suggested I increase my medication, which I did for a while.

You've been through a lot of stress these past weeks, Jo, and, even without the anxiety, you would be feeling pretty bad. I can't offer any words of wisdom because I don't seem to be coping very well with the first anniversary, as you will have read. But if you want to pm me, please dont hesitate...we can try to work it out together.

Fly away Katie
11-09-10, 22:59
Sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx