PDA

View Full Version : what medication is everyone taking?

alicegreen
30-08-10, 13:57
Citalopram seems really popular right now, though its not somethimg ive ever had.
I take sertraline 50 mg for almost 3 weeks now, have had this in the past for depression but never had anxiety like now before.

I had a one off dose of diazepam last night and today started on propanolol 10mg three times daily.

I also have had zopiclone to help me sleep recently but they have only given me 2-4 hours sleep and not sure i can take them with the propanolol anyhow.

what is everyone else taking and how helpful is it?

Thanks x

JT69
30-08-10, 14:29
Hi Alice,

I have suffered with anxiety and sometimes depression on and off for around 11 years now, had started off with prozac, then dothiepin before finding citalopram worked for me...I took this on and off over the years but then last October crashed big time and citalopram was not as effective as it had been so had to change to mirtazipine and am still on this at the moment along with pregabalin which is prescribed for gad. The mirtazipine has made me gain so much weight but really got me back on my feet and back to work etc so I cannot praise it enough. I am currently trying to reduce the dose as am much better and think that its anxiety I suffer most with so the pregabalin may work on its own...not sure but am going to try.

I have also like you taken diazepam when really needing to and also propananol and when on citalopram did take zopiclone for a time as the srri's can cause insomina when first taking them.

Sertraline is an srri the same type of AD that citalopram comes from but I believe they work in different ways....but if sertraline has worked for you previously then it should again???

I hope you feel better soon. I think it is fine to take zopiclone with propananol anyhow as I have before.

Take care.
Jo.xx

ellie1971
30-08-10, 16:33
im on 20mg cit been on them 4 wks had bad side effects but i hopfully think they calming down now as i dont feel as bad,, xxxxxx

heavenly
30-08-10, 17:41
I am on 2.5mg of Olanzapine daily. I have a few Diazapam for emergencies. The Olanzapine works wonders at the mo, keeps me calm and I can sleep. I am also undergoing counselling as well. I was put on Propanolol to begin with but it didn't do anything when I was feeling really panicky and anxious, so GP put me on Olanzapine which has been brilliant.

dalmatian
30-08-10, 22:23
I'm on citalopram 30mg and propanolol 10mg three times a day. Propanolol really helps my anxiety. I've had paroxetine in the past, but had a bad reaction this time round, so had to stop it.

ktloubish
03-09-10, 08:24
im on 30mg of mitzraplan and 2mg of diazepam 4times a day if needed which at the moment i do cos ive only been on my tablets 3wks so haavent really kicked in yet

katie x

Belfry1973
03-09-10, 19:58
I have GAD and panic attacks, I dont take ADs as they are contraindicated with people with epilepsy so I aint even risking it!
I used to take diazepam but after an 18 month struggle to get off it I no longer do.
I take pregabalin 150mg a day, I was taking propanolol between 80mg and 120mg a day, but since the pregabalin kicked in I probably take 20mg 3 times a week or so. Pregabalin is a wonderful drug and I dont understand why more doctors dont prescribe it!

Vixxy
03-09-10, 20:58
I take 10mg seroxat. 45mg mirtazapine and 5mg x 3 propranalol.
The mirtazapine really helps me to get a decent rest and keeps me really motivated. Although it doesnt do much for my anxiety, so ive been put on seroxat at the same time. Since I started the seroxat ive actually started to recover and get my life back on track. Its still early days though.

josparks
03-09-10, 21:03
hi i take 100mg sertraline and occastional diaz

Kerry B
03-09-10, 21:07
I have Panic Disorder and General Anxiety Disorder I am currently taking Seroxat 40mg and Queitipine 25mg I also take Diazapam 2mg as and when I need it.

Ails:-)
03-09-10, 22:20
Hi :-)

Up until last Weds I was on 50mg of Sertraline and have been on that for the last two years. However it seems to have stopped working so I have now been changed to citralapam - sorry spelling is horrendous with these medications!!

I also have diazapam 2mg when I really really need it.

I also use Rescue Remedy Spray which I have to say is fabby if I take it early enough. Sometimes I feel as though I drink the stuff tho!

Can I ask what is Propanolol ?! Quite a lot of ppl seem to take that and I think the general conceous seems to be that it works wonders?

I am back at docs next Thurs and am thinking of asking for something additional as Citralapam seems to be taking ages to kick in.

Ails :-)
xxx