PDA

View Full Version : Low Heart Rate?????

herprayer
31-08-10, 02:31
I was put on an event monitor on Friday of last week and called my doctor today to find out any news on what the reports had been. I spoke with her assistant and she told me that my doctor wanted to do an echo to see why my heart rate was low.

I asked how low and the assistant didn't know. Any how my doctor called me and told me that she decided that she wanted to put me on a treadmill and take pictures of my heart to see what it was doing.

I am freaked out big time!!! I have kids that need me (my panic has set in) I have chills, headache, flushing and am so agitated today. I'm tired of worrying about my health and just want to be normal health wise and mentally.

I feel like a crazy person always thinking this is wrong or that is wrong. It is always some kind of illness with me, but now hearing that my heart rate is low has me at the end of my rope. I thought my heart rate was fast not low!

Now I'm on panic alert and keep thinking I'm going to kick the bucket before they get me in to do the test and then if I get in to do the test what if it is something terrible???? What if I'm broke and they can't fix me?

I feel so anxious. I wondered why the other day I was moving furniture around and my heart should have been beating like crazy, but it wasn't.

I have lived a very sedentary life the past three years and I'm overweight, recently lost 20 lbs was trying to lower my blood pressure and now this.

I don't know what to do besides worry :(

In the past I've had ankle swelling and puffy face and eyes now I'm thinking it must have been because of heart problems all along. I could just cry. My kids need a mom.

Has anyone else gone through this?????

Clairalou
31-08-10, 10:21
Hey :)
I have an underactive thyroid which causes a low heart rate at certain times especially if I've missed my thyroid meds and I have nothing wrong with my heart.
I guess I wanted to post so you know that just cause you have a low heart rate doesn't mean there's something serious going on with your heart!

I hope all you tests are clear xxxx

jothenurse
31-08-10, 12:25
I had a monitor for 24 hours recently and they said at 2 AM, my heart rate was at 47. They didn't seem to be concerned about that.

anthrokid
01-09-10, 01:23
Hey,

My boyfriend doesn't suffer from any anxiety or heart problems or health problems and his heart rate is always around 45. His body temperature is also abnormally low.

Just because your heart isn't beating as fast as you think it should be, doesn't mean that it's a bad thing. The doctor is just taking precautions which is good :) i wish I'd had a chance to do a treadmill thing and have my heart checked that way. it'd be really reassuring.

Keep calm :) It's better to have it checked out just in case rather than leave it be. i know it's scary and hard, but remember, you're okay

cornishmaid
01-09-10, 11:58
i always think my heart rate is slow,it sits around the 62 to 65 mark,i checked blood pressure this morning and the machine said my pulse was 63,i do stress a little not as much as i used to about this,then i done my bf and his was 55 ,i seen cardiologist few weeks back and told him my fear of my pulse being 62 and he said 62 bpm is just fine and what was i expecting it to be

cornishmaid
01-09-10, 11:59
ps i also had echo done and all was fine , i found it a fascinating test and i suffer health anxiety quite badly