PDA

View Full Version : im worried my gp will take me off the diazepam now im on mitz for 2 wks

ktloubish
31-08-10, 11:32
im at the gp on thurs and im worried he may take me off the diazepam now that ive been on 15mg of mitzraplan for 2 weeks and also worrying as alot of people have said that the panic attacks break through the mitzraplan??? any advice please

katie x

MadJam
31-08-10, 16:49
Hi there! When starting a new drug, it can take a while for everything to calm down. I didn't have any diazapam, but sure could have done with some!!! My doctor won't prescribe them, as he says dependancy can come quickly. My physciatrist seems to think everyone should be given diazepam for the first two weeks of starting a new drug, but does stress if it is continued after this on a daily basis it will become habit forming. I'm sorry to hear your suffering - is the Mirtazapine not helping at all?

MadJam
31-08-10, 16:54
Oh and by the way - i did have a couple of nasty panic attacks to begin with on mirtazapine but haven't had one for 6 months now.

ktloubish
31-08-10, 17:05
yer the mitz is starting to work i think? im not as aggitated but can sometimes feel a panic coming on so i take a diazepam that seems 2 hold it off jus worried if he ups the mitz i mite have a panic attack and that thought in its self petrifies me x
thanks x

ElizabethJane
31-08-10, 19:31
Hi there I am taking 45mg mirtazapine. I also have some diazepan 3.75mg tablets. I take them very rarely. I have experienced panic attacks whilst on the mirt but these were short lasting and after a period of extreme stress. Your doctor might prescribe something else for the panic attacks if you are still experiencing them whilst on the mirt. 15mg is a low dose and he might up that too. If you were prescribed these primarily for sleep then they might not work in the higher doses. Diazepan is only used in the short term as it can be addictive. Take care. EJ.