PDA

View Full Version : No more drugs for me

CitKat
31-08-10, 12:20
I have stopped taking any drugs now, except for the occasional paracetamol if I've got a headache, as I do not want any more poisons in my system. I did not like the feeling of anxiety on Cit and anger I had when I started taking Mirtazapine so I'm not going to bother any more. I am going to try more natural remedies and really get into my meditation.

Been on holiday for the past week, stayed with family in a beautiful part of North Wales so I was able to relax and was tablet free the whole time. I've been meditating at least twice a day, first thing in the morning and just before bed, and I am feeling wonderful. I'm still not sleeping properly at night, but that's something I think I can solve, but due to my meditation I have never felt happier and at peace with myself. Even my family said they noticed a difference with me and actually enjoyed my company for a change :D

So, as I've said, I will never be using any form of anti-depressant drugs again as they made me feel worse and more depressed. I do highly recommend meditation as a way to cope with day to day problems and to relax.

A very happy and relaxed Steve :yesyes:

PS. Also posted this on the Zispin / mirtazapine forum

sb001f8994
31-08-10, 14:51
Good for you! I came off meds in 1996 after taking them for nineteen years. I felt that they ruled my life. I dont even take paracetemol! I have done very well without medication and feel good but I wouldnt say never again. If I felt myself slipping backwards and thought there was no alternative I think I would at least consider taking them. When I was first diagnosed with depression and agoraphobia my meds helped greatly and for a lot of people they are a life saver. So for now I am happier without medication, much to my gp's annoyance as he thinks prozac is the miracle cure all!!!
Well done and take care.

Geoff2301
01-09-10, 13:18
After being on various AD's over the last 20 odd years, I sometimetimes feel that way....... particularly when the gp's happily switch you from one thing to another, up the dose, try this, try that!! One moment,20mg of Paroxetine is doing the trick......... few months later I'm on 60mg and feeling really rough!! Do they really know what they're doing I ask myself? Do these medications actually interfere with the bodies own ability to cure itself of problems?
Reading through all the posts, gp's seem to be prescribing Citalapram mainly now....... when I see the problems people appear to have with it, seems horendous yet if I go back to my gp, I'm sure that's what he'd put me on!! He did try me on it a few years back and the anxiety when I woke in the middle of the night was horrendous and I abandoned the stuff.......... maybe I should have stuck with it but surely something that gives you such bad effects can't be good for you?