PDA

View Full Version : Tell me this is silly...

Ambers
31-08-10, 15:47
I am sitting at home waiting for a CBT counseler to turn up in 15 minutes. I am shaking, feeling panicked - what if he turns up late? I know my tummy will get knotted. What if he thinks that I don't have anxiety etc and that I am faking it? dont even have problems with social anxiety so why am I nervous? I hate waiting, I feel so stupid. Right, go down stairs and do stuff!

calm
31-08-10, 16:07
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my love...why on earth would he think you are faking...no-one can fake this...so please do not worry!

if he is late its probably down to traffic or something out of his control....you ok now????

Anxious_gal
31-08-10, 17:04
how did it go? :)

ktloubish
31-08-10, 17:10
i was like u are when i went 2 see my gp in the waiting room and people were staring at me shaking n heavy breathing everything will be fine they will get u sorted x

Ambers
31-08-10, 19:20
Hi all, thasnks for replies - make this quick as hubby waiting for dinner..
He turned up bang on time (phew). All went well, a few tears from me (not him), lots of shaking on my part (nerves). To be fair he covered lots of the flight/fear stuff which I have learnt from this lovely forum - but I suppose he has to cover all this stuff to start with. Found out that I may have some society anxiety, which I didn't think I had - I just like being odd :)
All in all - I am hopeful that this may work for me and have another session nxt week.

heavenly
31-08-10, 19:23
Well done Ambers. Glad it all went well, I am sure this will help you. I have had 2 sessions with a lovely Counsellor and it is helping me already. Keep up the good work!! xxx

Ails:-)
31-08-10, 20:54
Hi :-)

Glad it went okay. There is nothing worse than sitting waiting and getting more and more anxious!

Good that you have taken that first step. xxx

alicegreen
31-08-10, 23:10
Im like this too, i always worry that people will think im overdramatising how i feel, but in reality i tend to play it down!
Good luck eith the therapy, im also waiting for CBT and would love to read updates on how you are doing.
X