PDA

View Full Version : need someone to talk to

pinkfairy
31-08-10, 16:32
im feeling so down since ive lost weight i have terribal anxiety over gaining it,i exercise quite alot which i do enjoy but i panic if i cant exercise and i eat very little but still think its alot!then i end up binging because i restrict myself from junk food.i feel so trapped,ive been to the doctor who refered me to a guy that sorts out you seeing a councellor or cbt specalist but he has been away for 3 weeks and they still havnt got back to me.i feel like noones wants to help me and i have nooone to talk to,i feel so lonly and anxious and tearful all the time.i start a new college course next week and now im anxious that this is going to get in the way,i want my old self back and feel like that is never going to happen!thankyou if you reply.:weep:

worriedmummy1
31-08-10, 16:51
Oh hun, I'm sorry you are feeling so anxious. But what you need to remember is that you need food to fuel your body, especially if you are exercising alot. Maybe eating a balanced diet will help with your anxiety as you will also be fuelling your mind. I havent really got much to add, I hope this chap gets in touch with you soon to help you.

Maybe if you focus on your new college course it could be a distraction from the weight & exercise panic issue. I hope you are back on track soon.

pinkfairy
31-08-10, 17:00
hello thankyou for replying:) i have been trying to eat a bit more but because im quite short 4"10.5 im not sure how many calories i can eat without putting weight on,i do eat very healtherly but its hard having friends who eat watever they want and dont go up a pound and i no if i did this i would. because i restrict myself from certain foods i end up binging im stuck in a stupid cycle. im really annoyed with myself aswell because i have been taking cocaine some weekends when i go out to stop be from wanting to raid the cupboards when i get home. as when i go out drinking this is what i end up doing.im just so unhappy at the moment.my doctor said that about the college course aswell,because at the moment i am only working part time so have nothing to do on the other days apart from thinking about getting fat and food.:weep:

countrygirl
31-08-10, 17:48
I know this is much much easier said than done but your drinking and drug use will harm you body a million time more than any binging will and you really really need to stop doing both if drinking makes you lose control and you then take drugs. I can hear you saying but its not that easy and I know it isn't as your social life is built around drinking and having access to dangerous drugs but you only have one body.

Why don't you try keeping a food diary and calorie count over a few weeks and you will see in conjuction with weighing yourself once a week what you can eat and exercise in relation to weight gain - I did this and found that if I eat over 1700 cals a day I gain weight and if I eat under 1600 cals a day I slowly lose weight and its very critical for me as I gain weight so so easily as I have a thyroid problem.

It does seem so unfair that you cannot eat junk like your friends but we are all different and you are small.

Take care and hope you can get some control back to your life.

pinkfairy
31-08-10, 19:15
yeh i no im goin to stop with the cocaine now thats prob why ive been suffering extra today,baaad idea and i know it is its just having this eating thing makes me want to do stupid things.ive decided im not goin to drink for a while aswell makes me binge even more. i find it hard calculating how many calories im eating.fed up with thinking about it makes me feel like im going mad somtimes.i went travelling and before that was trying to get down to my ideal weight exercising and eating healtherly but then i just got stuck at this one weight and it wouldnt go down anymore but after goin travelling and eating indian and thai food the weight just dropped of from walking loads aswell so im scared that if i up my calories i will gain it all back.while travelling me n my friends were just eating 2 meals a day because of the heat and not feeling hungry as much. fresh healthy food aswell.im finding it harder now back to english food.

Bill
01-09-10, 02:58
Have you told your doctor that your anxiety is being caused by your fear of gaining weight?

If not, you Really need to because I feel what you Really need is a therapist rather than a counsellor Asap because your not eating and binging really needs to be treated...and it Can be if you get the Right help.

Also, bear in mind your impression of your "ideal weight" may not be what a doctor would consider as a "healthy" ideal weight so I would certainly recommend that you tell your doctor what weight you feel you should be to see if they agree. The doctor may also consider a dietician so that you can learn more about what calories are in which foods to help you eat a balanced healthy diet...but you will have to be prepared to listen to the advice given to you for the sake of your own health.

I would strongly advise that you give the doctor a full picture regarding your fear and I would go back to tell him that you're having to wait but you're feeling too ill and need him to push things along.:bighug1:

Natalie x
01-09-10, 15:44
Hi. I think you need to start eating a healthly balanced diet and also incorporate some exercise throughtou the week also. My therapist told me to start eating more healthily and to drink plenty of water and cut out caffeine and alcohol. It does actually make you feel so much better - I never thought it would to be honest. I attend a dance fitness class which you may have heard of. It's called Zumba, and it's a really great way of taking your mind off things and you actually have such a laugh at it. I always look forward to it and come out of the class feeling much better and happier. Plus it's a good way of de-stressing yourself! You should check it out as they have classes which run all over the world. I notice that you say your starting college - this may be another factor as to why your feeling anxious. I actually started a college course yesterday and I too was feeling really anxious, and last week at my CBT session, my therapist asked as he does every time ''how have you been feeling and has anything changed?'' and I said no, and then when I explained to him that I was starting college, he said ''well there you go, there's an explanation as to why you're feeling that way''. I hope that you hear back about CBT soon, but if you need a chat, feel free to PM me. I hope this helps. Also, I've noted the link to the Zumba website where you can find a class in your area x

http://search.zumba.com/classes/