PDA

View Full Version : newbie Richie

richie.1k
31-08-10, 17:28
Hi there just came across this site today, and thought i should introduce myself.

Im 38 male living in essex, and have suffered panic attacks on and of for a quiet a few years now.

I would just like to say what a briiliant site this is, and its so good to feel no longer alone, just typing this is helping somewhat although the valium is also helping. :)

My recent attacks for the last two weeks have seemed the worst ever, but there again i suppose they all do. On the upside i have managed to quit smoking 14 days ago. just like that in the hope that this will decrease my anxiety, as i have been smoking for twenty years and unfortunatly not just ciggis i feel that this is some achievment.

after seeing an emergancy doctor at the weekend when it was all getting to much they prescribed me beta blocker however these have made me feel dizzy, (which does not help as this is one of my fears) another visit to emergancy doctor on monday told me to stop taking them and there is nothing they can do for me just go home. Thanks NHS.

However seen my usual doctor today who has put me on prozac, and given me diazepam 5mg to help with the immediate panic attacks... Hooray as i have not slept for more than 3 hrs a night for 14 days i am hoping tonight i might get a decent nights sleep.

Anyway im just rambling now and probably should have posted most of this somewhere else on the site. But that is my introduction and as i have so much to ramble about (it makes me feel better) i will be back on here later............. Many thanks for reading Richie

nomorepanic
31-08-10, 17:30
Hi richie.1k

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

antwigone
31-08-10, 17:50
hi Richie! sadly after not smoking for 5 years i have started again! am hoping to get back on track when I feel more stable.
was recently dragged to a and e and threatened with s 136 if i didn't consent. Was left sitting for 2+ hours, suggested as was 3 am i go home, but they again told me if i left the police would be called.Nice!:mad:
my sleep patterns have been very odd, like you some nights manage 2 - 3 hours, other times have gone for 20!!!
My appetite is rubbish, i try to cook easy to eat healthy foods but normally only manage a few mouthfulls. Cottage cheese and yoghurt seem to be the best things at present...
Nice to be here!
Best wishes!
Antwigs

~glowly worm~
31-08-10, 17:51
Hi Richie,

Glad someone finally helped you out and hope you get a decent nights sleep!
Also huge congrats on giving up smoking!!! :)
I'm sharing your relief at finding a helpful site as a fellow newbie!
Found Prozac really helped with my OCD and panic although am not on it presently, so hope it gives you a similar break from what sounds a very exhausting time.

Warmly,

~ Glowly ~ :)

richie.1k
31-08-10, 19:28
Wow thanks for you quick replies antwig and glowly . Its great site and really has helped, even now thinking that my dizzy feelings is probably not linked to the beta blockers but more to the actual anxiety itself.(after doing a quick search on this site)... so much more helpfull here than my local emergancy doctor quote " well nothing we can do just go home"

Veronica H
31-08-10, 21:45
:welcome:to NMP Richie. This is a friendly place with great information and support.

Veronicax

suzy-sue
31-08-10, 22:07
Hi Ritchie and :welcome:.The meds subforums will give you plenty of advice with regard to your medication .I m sure you will get plent y of advice and meet some good friends along the way .All the very best with your recovery .Sue x

Atlanta
01-09-10, 07:16
Hello there im new aswell just came across this site so thought i would join hope your ok and see you soon

WFB
01-09-10, 10:11
Also a noob so I thought I'd use Richie's coat tails. Hi chaps. Won't bore with the details here, I'm off to start the relevant thread elsewhere. Hoping you're all coping today.

~glowly worm~
06-09-10, 08:41
Welcome Atlanda & WFB :)

Fly away Katie
06-09-10, 09:38
Welcome to NMP x x x

olderfella
06-09-10, 15:22
Hi & welcome:)