PDA

View Full Version : can HA make you forgetfull? So scared

sunflower7
31-08-10, 17:40
Yesterday I forgot my internet banking number and today I forgot my banking pin number. I was putting in the wrong one. I am so scared I have a brain tumor as I have been getting headaches everyday and also pressure in sinus. Now with forgettin these things I am really freaked out. Please can anyone help me :weep:

ClownWithLeprosy
31-08-10, 19:03
I definitely think it can make some one forgetful. As if your attention is so focused on your health that you have little attention span to focus on anything else.

PokerFace
31-08-10, 19:14
Yea! I'm gettin quite forgetful, has been botherin me too. Like I'll be watching something on tele and I won't remember whats happend in the last 15 mins or so, or I forget a word I want to say! Thanks for your post glad to know I'm not the only one! :D xxx

TracyL
01-09-10, 01:39
Yep this happens to me all the time. I often have trouble remembering the right word i want to say. Also afew years ago, i just completely forgot my bank card pin number. I had had the number for years, then one day just forgot it!! I never remembered it and freaked out for ages thinking it must be my brain etc. My doctor told me that things like that happen but because we are so anxious, the worry sets in and completely overwhelms us whereas, other people not predisposed to anxiety, would just dismiss what had happened and forget about it.

You're definately not alone though hun

Tracy

onceagain
01-09-10, 05:49
I'm not sure whether it is a health anxiety thing I think it is when you have just so much on your mind... I tease myself calling them pensioner moments but that is so that I get through those moments as they can be very frustrating at times... My memory lapses started when I had my breakdown last year... whilst I would love to say that I'm back on track ... err no my memory lapses are still there ....

I forget passwords, colours, names, reasons for me walking in a certain direction... I have to write everything down at work always worried in case I have a pensioner moment...and it has become a standing joke with my family but I find it stressful in itself and sometimes do have a wobbly moment where I hate myself making fun of something that I wish was not happening to me... but generally I do see the funny side to it...

I guess this is what happens when so many thoughts worries and concerns are going on... maybe we should start a thread about our funniest pensioner moments...regardless of age... it may make us all see that people are not alone....

Don't worry too much about it that may cause a problem I'm sure non sufferers have these moments too x

sunflower7
01-09-10, 15:40
Thanks everyone for your help x