PDA

View Full Version : eating disorder

pinkfairy
31-08-10, 19:43
is there anyone on here with eating disorder about gaining weight.be nice to talk to someone going through the same thing.

caffineaddict
31-08-10, 19:45
is there anyone on here with eating disorder about gaining weight.be nice to talk to someone going through the same thing.

I have, I don't mind talking to you :) x

pinkfairy
31-08-10, 19:47
hello there,im struggling quite a bit at the moment. im healthy weight but have a massive fear of gaining and going back up to the weight i lost.do you think about food all the time and feel guilty when you do eat,i feel so guilty right now from eating today but off to spinning in a bit so should ease my anxiety a bit until i can weigh myself in the morning and see if i have put any weight on.do you do this too?

caffineaddict
31-08-10, 19:54
hello there,

im struggling quite a bit at the moment. im healthy weight but have a massive fear of gaining and going back up to the weight i lost.do you think about food all the time and feel guilty when you do eat,i feel so guilty right now from eating today but off to spinning in a bit so should ease my anxiety a bit until i can weigh myself in the morning and see if i have put any weight on.do you do this too?

I do think about food all the time, it is always on my mind, no matter what I'm doing or where I am. It's okay hun, it's not just you that feels guilty about food and about eating it, I do too. I always weigh myself, I know doing that is unhealthy and I shouldn't do it, I just take it one step and one day at a time. I know that eating just one meal will not make you put any weight on or make you fat honey.

Feel free to PM me or add me on msn, I'm on here most of the time and will be happy to talk to you *hugs*

xx

pinkfairy
31-08-10, 23:32
thankyou,its good to speak to someone whos feeling the same as me as my friends dont understand they can all eat what they want and not put weight on or it just dosnt bother them if they are a bit heavier.im feeling guilty beacuse i had 3 meals today and some snacks ive been to an exercise class though,just trying to work out what i can eat without gaining any weight and panic if my weight is up the next day even if its prob just water retention,sets my mood for the day,i hate it.think its cause when i was a bit heavier was still a normal weight but didnt like my thighs because they were a bit bigger but now i really like them but im not used to having this body as ive always hated my thighs or been trying to loose weight and now the panic of gaining it again just scares me.its stupid really.how long have you suffered an eating disorder?

caffineaddict
31-08-10, 23:40
thankyou,its good to speak to someone whos feeling the same as me as my friends dont understand they can all eat what they want and not put weight on or it just dosnt bother them if they are a bit heavier.im feeling guilty beacuse i had 3 meals today and some snacks ive been to an exercise class though,just trying to work out what i can eat without gaining any weight and panic if my weight is up the next day even if its prob just water retention,sets my mood for the day,i hate it.think its cause when i was a bit heavier was still a normal weight but didnt like my thighs because they were a bit bigger but now i really like them but im not used to having this body as ive always hated my thighs or been trying to loose weight and now the panic of gaining it again just scares me.its stupid really.how long have you suffered an eating disorder?

Honey, you shouldn't be feeling guilty about eating three meals today and having a few snacks, that's really good, considering your struggling with food and body image issues at the moment. Well done. *hugs*

It is impossible to eat something and not gain weight, you might gain a little bit of weight but that will be it. Fruit is always a good thing to eat if your freaking out about food because you don't put that much weight on by eating it.

I am going to say this once, it is not stupid to panic about gaining weight but you really shouldn't because you are at a normal weight so shouldn't be worried about it. I understand what you mean though. I've had an eating disorder 3 years.

xx