PDA

View Full Version : How can we calm down our vegus nerve?

uk23
31-08-10, 20:05
I have been doing a lot of reading, I already new the connection between the vegus nerve and depression (in depression a pacemaker type device can be fitted to the vegus nerve and it reverses the effects) and anxiety but mine seems to be on edge. I find small doses of codeine can be helpful but does anyone have any other ideas how to calm this annoying nerve down? It just seems mine is stimulated all the time which leads to anxiety, palps, blood pressure changes etc. Also gas and stomach rumbling.

Belfry1973
01-09-10, 17:15
You dont need to be calming it, you need to be stimulating it, what the VNS does is to stimulate it. Stimulating makes the heart rate slow down so would help with the anxiety, palpitations, etc.
It can also be stimulated with acupuncture, physio and yoga!

cattttt
03-09-10, 04:49
Have you tried biofeedback?

Dahlia
03-09-10, 21:21
UK23 - I don't have an answer to your question, but just wanted to say please be careful not to take codeine regularly, it's addictive - just like the benzos are.

Dahlia

trish1955
03-09-10, 21:52
I have been doing a lot of reading, I already new the connection between the vegus nerve and depression (in depression a pacemaker type device can be fitted to the vegus nerve and it reverses the effects) and anxiety but mine seems to be on edge. I find small doses of codeine can be helpful but does anyone have any other ideas how to calm this annoying nerve down? It just seems mine is stimulated all the time which leads to anxiety, palps, blood pressure changes etc. Also gas and stomach rumbling.wat is this and were is this nerve thanks lv trish xx