PDA

View Full Version : Doctors for review today (updated)

Robertc160882
28-02-06, 07:39
(Update)

Well got my appointment at the docs today to see how things are going on the ad’s and to establish if there is any improvement. I have now been on them I reckon for about 9 days but I don’t see a huge improvement but I don’t expect one at the same time. I just feel that I’m a shadow of my former self and last night was bad I hardly slept a wink I was up all night almost every hour. I found that when I’m sleeping it is almost like a trance state and I wake up very easily.

I don’t know if anyone else notice this but I have became more anxious since taking citra ad’s and almost feel that my voice in my own head sounds different and get easily convinced and this didn’t happen before. I don’t know if the best thing is just to come of these tablets and try another one I’m so, so confused.

Well I will be sure to let everyone know how it goes at the doctors.

(Update)

Well the doctor thinks I should stick with ad’s for the time been to see how things come along, which I agreed to do as I’m at my wits end. He said that a lot of things I’m saying are possible side effects are probably just my condition getting worse, which I don’t believe. Well today I feel as if I have had enough happy juice but have been so tired as I haven’t been sleeping although I slept for 3 hours earlier today.

I feel as if I’m going to have an oh mighty panic attack I can feel it in the pit of my stomach but and in way I want to have it just to get it out the way. I find my head to be a little bit clearer but feel helpless to control the panic attack feeling that I’m having. It is not a nice feeling because the kids are around and although they are small the do still pick up on it. I have fed them a few times today and changed a few nappies, which I should say is a slight improvement. My partner has just went to collect or eldest Megan who is 3 from nursery and I do feel like crap but know I will get through it some how. The twins are only 14 months both girls Jodie and Jade and they are great them along with my partner and Megan are keeping me going.

Well here’s hoping tomorrow is a good day but the doctor did say it is at least three weeks before I will notice anything seems like forever especially as I’m meant to be starting a new job on Monday.

poppy
28-02-06, 10:26
Hi,
Good luck with the doctor Robert.
I think you should do whatever you feel is the best, if you feel the tablets are making you worse then come off them.
I know tablets tend to have side effects for the first few weekes but i never felt quite right with taking them either and now i dont take anything.
Dont forget that there are many other things you can do to help the symptoms without medication.
Hope all goes well for you
Take care
Poppy

Robertc160882
28-02-06, 12:01
Well doctors was okay he wants me to stick on them as he reckons he can see improvements so i will take his word. I guess i'm just very tierd but at some stages in the day i feel high like i'm on other drugs. THen you get the low points were you feel you are more subjectable to panic attacks etc.

Well fingers crossed.

Robert

Ma Larkin
28-02-06, 13:39
Hi Robert, my GP reckons anti-deps take about a month to be completely in the system. He has this habit of saying "there is no magic wand to wave to give you an instant cure" and draws pictures of hills with peaks and lows! I too have trouble sleeping, very light sleeper at the best of times, but I just can't get back to sleep once I wake up, then I don't want to get up when its time for work. I've heard a lot of people say that anti-deps have made them feel worse before they feel better so like your GP says, give them a bit of time & you should start to feel better soon. I also think anti-deps give us this feeling of being "high", thats one way how we know they are getting into the system.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Les