PDA

View Full Version : in a rutt!!!

ktloubish
01-09-10, 18:43
im getting sooo confused with reading everyones views on mitz im on 15mg and have been for 2weeks i still feel slightly anxious and get the horrible kick in the gut feeling and catch of my breath so take a diazepam to stop my panic b4 it takes hold
people say that doses get put up and down but for different reasons mine is for extreme panic attacks that last up 2 four days at a time but people say that the more ur dose increases the more likely u are have a panic attack
pls can some 1 shed sum light im getting in a tiss

thanks kt x

Chem
01-09-10, 22:08
Everyone's symptoms and everyone's reactions to meds do vary. Usually it takes 3-5 weeks for the meds to have full effect, so you have a while to go before you can really gauge how effective they are. You do sound to be having a bad time with your pa's, so if you don't feel the meds are helping, I'd suggest that you go back to your doctor and ask him/her about the dosage.

Springsteen10
02-09-10, 00:40
I started taking 30mg of mirtazapine two weeks ago and feel pretty good now.

At first I was very dizzy. I still get little dizzy moments if I turn my head too quickly when driving, or if I run upstairs too fast.

I was really quite worried the first week or so as I didn't feel so good.

ktloubish
02-09-10, 07:42
thanks for yor replies its nice 2 no uv go some1 there who knows what ur going thru

JT69
02-09-10, 09:10
Hi,

It is perfectly normal to feel as you do when first taking mirtazipine, its the side effects of the meds, this should wear off soon.

If it becomes troublesome and you are concerned have a chat with your gp.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jo.xx

MadJam
02-09-10, 17:24
Hi there!

I was suffering panic attacks before the mirtazapine and I must admit had a couple of really bad ones when starting. My anxiety hit through the roof too. It is a really strong drug and everyone's brain chemistry is different. It may take a while for it to settle. One thing I did with my last panic attack was to really push it. It might sound scary, but when it hits - really, really push it. Tell it your not scared and go with it. This is what I did with my last one, it was the worst one I have ever had, because I pushed it, but touch wood I have not had one since! This make take some practise but has worked for many. Good Luck and wish you well. x