PDA

View Full Version : Im So Scared

cupcakes2009
02-09-10, 11:02
Hi all, im so scared i think im dieing of something terrible :weep: I have had a headache for over a week and my neck was hurting, i saw my doctor yesterday she came to me as i have Agoraphobia and she thinks i have a sinus infection as i have a temp to, but not dangerous or anything, Ive had sinusitis before though. I feel so tired and weak and all i want to do is sleep, she has give me 3000mg of Amoxicillin antibiotics to take daily and some Loratadine for allergies. I can feel my heart racing and its 103 bpm and my blood pressure is 134/96 im terrified im dyeing of cancer or something. please someone tell me im ok and it will all go away. i don't know how much more i can take of this im scared stiff of everything :ohmy::ohmy: My face does hurt and my head :scared15:

busybeingmum
02-09-10, 11:47
Hi Katy
Sorry to here you feel rotten. Sinusitis is agony and I'm not surprised your face, head and neck hurt.
Part of HA is not trusting your doc. However you MUST trust them. If there was any doubt your doc would have known. Also, you would not be prescribed antibiotics unnecessarily. You therefore must relax and accept you have an infection and therefore feel rotton. Also, when we are ill our anxiety and depression increases. A fever will also make your heart faster. Relax and get better soon. xxxxx

Vixxy
02-09-10, 12:41
Hi. If your body is fighting an infection you will have a raised heart rate, BP and feel very very tired. Its using all of its energy trying to get rid of the infection.
After a few days your antibiotics will have started to work and youll be feeling a lot better.
Keep your fluids up and rest as much as you can.
Youll be right as rain in no time :)

debs71
02-09-10, 12:58
Hun, your symptoms are typical of sinusitis and par for the course I'm afraid.Your heart rate, BP and temp will be raised as everything increases due to the infection, but it will be compounded ( and you are noticing it more) by being very anxious too.

YOU ARE NOT DYING (I'm a registered nurse, as well as suffer from anxiety/panic myself) I think possibly you are worried about something like Meningitis because of your headache and neck, but clearly your doc checked you out well and you don't appear to have any further symptoms such as aversion to light, rash, vomiting which are all classic symptoms of that. You have a bad infection which is making you feel just rotten which WILL get better with the antibiotics (you should start feeling way better after a good 48 hrs of them) Keep your fluids up, take paracetamol for your pain and fever and above all REST. You will get better hun. Also, the times you are awake, try to distract yourself if you can with the tv or some other light activity (whatever you can manage) as dwelling on the way you feel will make you feel ten times worse. I know it is easier said than done but it really does help. DON'T BE SCARED. This will pass. Get well soon and keep us posted.xxx

cupcakes2009
02-09-10, 13:11
Awwww thanks everyone, i know im so irrational at times lol im just sleeping loads and drinking lots to. Il keep you all posted xxx Thank you xxx

ann01
02-09-10, 15:25
Hi Katy
I've had a lot if trouble with my sinuses, it can make you feel awful Hun. I get a lot if headaches with it. Your going to be ok.
Take care
Ann