PDA

View Full Version : New member with the same old problem...

Kell
02-09-10, 11:40
Hi, I'm Kelly and am new to this forum. Unfortunately I'm not new to anxiety and have been suffering with anxiety and depression for the past 10 years. This latest bout of anxiety flared up a few days ago and has been crippling me. Aswell as feeling unbelievably low and negative about my life and the future I am overwhelmed by the physical symptoms of my anxiety the worst being the sickness, upset stomach, lack of appetite which in turn causes me to feel weak and worried about the fact that I have not been able to digest anything substantial. I had to go home from work yesterday but have managed to stay in work so far today. I took a Valium on my way into work which made me feel extremely groggy for a short while but I seemed to have perked up a bit.

I'm just looking for some friendly advice and support x

nomorepanic
02-09-10, 11:41
Hi Kell

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
02-09-10, 14:08
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

JT69
05-09-10, 16:10
Hi Kell,

I also suffer from anxiety and depression and have done for the past 12 years unfortuantely. Been on and off meds for most of that time. I think that in that time I have had 3 really bad periods when I had to take time off work, the last time being the worst last October, ending up having 5 months out of work but did get well again and returned on a phased return in March of this year....I have slowly improved since then and though not out of the woods yet feel much more myself. During this last period of illness when searching for info on my meds I found this site...I have never looked back...it helped me so much...people on here know how we are feeling and offer 1st hand help and support!!

I hope that you find help and support here. I think it is all part of the illness the way you are feeling.

Its good you are keeping working as work is a key distraction and I think as long as we are able to cope its the best thing for us.

Think of the times when you have felt well again and that will help you.

Take care and keep posting...someone always replies.

Jo.xx