PDA

View Full Version : How can I be sure nothing is wrong?

phil06
02-09-10, 13:00
I keep coming back to this question how can I be sure? If ever? Some people have millions of tests and still worry. The physical symptoms worry me even when I'm not anxious..I try and forget and accept but the feelings still linger and I'm as bas as ever...

I feel Chronic fatigue (as I'm always tired, feeling run down, ill feeling), IBS, Shortness of breath, dizziness, panic, lack of sleep sometimes...headaches (can feel pulsing veins too)...

I've had to deal with this for months and just to think about it I could hold my head and say it's unbearable..I'm terminal and have no quality of life....but it all comes back to anxiety. I hear alot when anxiety comes back it can hit you worse and worse each time.

But this could be symptoms of serious illnesses so how can I be sure?

ian414
02-09-10, 13:21
Hi Phil. i understand what you going through, im the same as you, i get dizzy/ heart racing oh the list goes on pains in chest back / Tingling feeling in hands chest/ well its hard to think is there somthing wrong with me has the doc missed somthing/ ive had alot of tests done but they never find anything look here is my number if you would like to chat abouty how we feel ok you dont have to ring but the number is here for you ok 0208 3207614 my name is ian hope to hear form you soon all the best

joannap
02-09-10, 14:15
no one can ever be 100% sure lol - this is a big component of anxiety - we feel we need to be sure and yet there are no guarantees for anyone - even people who have not had a twinge of anxiety in their lives and feel healthy can not be sure that they haven;t got anything wrong with them. the thing to do is to use your common sense - if you black out/have blood in your pooh/high temperature etc - then yes - get them checked out - but non specific pains that do not come with other warning signs are most likely anxiety - i have had stomach pains for over 3 months but can honestly say am not worried about them because am eating fine/going to loo fine.

if you think how awful you can feel after a rush of adrenalin such as when you have a near miss in the car etc - just think how our bodies are trying to cope with endless anxiety - its no wonder we don't feel well! we are trapped in a cycle and doing it to ourselves lol. i have started to improve massively since i have started to not be interested in my symptoms - i have got to the point where i don't care if they are there or not and this is where you need to get to too x

LisaLisa
02-09-10, 16:43
Joannap is so right.

We cant ever know for sure if we have an ilness or are going to get one. Infact we cant actually know anything for sure ever!! But we have to put the worry into REAL perspective, a thing that we anxiety sufferers find it almost impossible to do beaucause of the actual way anxiety makes our brain work!! its a horrid vicisous cycle and the only way to break it to take a leap of faith and start going through the process of living again and over time the reality of it will all come back too. By then as joannap so well put it we lose interest in our symptoms.

I dont know about you but for me i have to admit that i get some odd sense of enjoyment out of looking up illness or thinking i might have something!?!?!? it an addiction isnt it, ontop of an anxiety disorder...the worst combination i think!!

Lisa
xxxxx:hugs:

s11fyx
02-09-10, 19:07
i have chronic fstigue to and health anixety if you ever want to chat pm me x