PDA

View Full Version : Help please_Blood in phglem... :-(

angelique
02-09-10, 14:29
Hello everyone. I had posted a similar topic several months ago and here I am freaking out again... Earlier this week I woke up during the night and noticed a funny taste in my mouth, so I spat in a tissue (sorry for the detail..) and i had some bloody mucus. I then blew my nose and the mucus was also bloody, so I tried to rationalize by saying to myself that the blood from my nose travelled down to my throat. Yesterday, when I woke up I also brought up abit of spit and it was slightly bloody again. So I blew my nose again and I had abit of blood. Should I be worried? I cannot function at the moment and the last few days have been hell for me. I so worry about awful illnesses (I can't even bear to write the 'C' word) that this anxiety has taken over my life. This happens every few months bloody phglem accompanied by a very slight nose bleed. Can anyone share some words of wisdom? Has anyone experienced the same? Thank you.

Fly away Katie
02-09-10, 15:31
Hello Angelique..
Theres no need to worry. I have horrendous phglem all the time.. it drives me up the wall. And I have experienced that conuntless times.. What happens is, like you said the blood from your nose just travels down your throat.
Im always coughing up phlegm with bits of blood or gunk in.. and the weirdest thing... ive even had mascara in it from my eyes!! How odd is that..
Dont worrie lovey, its perfectly normal x x x x

anthrokid
03-09-10, 12:14
Hey Angelique,

Definitely sounds like the blood from your nose to me. Sometimes I get blood noses slightly, but when you're asleep it travels down the back of your throat, so in the mornings it can be really phlegmy in my thoat and bloody. Not a very charming explanation :) But it really sounds like it is only from the nose. I get it all the time and I'm prone to blood noses. Joy.

mom1982
03-09-10, 14:53
I get it often too. especially if you blow your nose and there is blood, it a very good sign the blood came from your nose. you might also have sinus issues and this symptoms is very common with that. for peace of mind a chest xray will if anything is wrong but i got a chest xray for this and all was clear. im sure you're fine too, the membranes in the nose are delicate and bleed when they are blown or hard or just went they are dry. especially if you breathe through your mouth at night, throat also gets dry and can bleed sometimes, NOT coming from your lungs. just nose & throat.