PDA

View Full Version : do anti depressants work for HA?

cook ie
02-09-10, 16:08
Hello

I was just wondering if anyone had tried anti d's for HA? My GP has given me a prescription for some but I would like some advice from people who have tried this.

Thanks x

PokerFace
02-09-10, 16:39
I'm not personally on any meds for my health anx yet but here's a thread from a coupla days ago you might find interesting! :) xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=80312

MoonlightFire
02-09-10, 16:57
Sertraline has really helped me. It helps clear my mind of all the obsessions and lessens the anxiety greatly. I owe my degree to Sertraline :) It balances me out and makes me feel more able to cope with my worries.

xx

cook ie
03-09-10, 14:57
thanks for the advice. I think i'll start them tomorrow. x

mom1982
03-09-10, 15:25
Just remember that meds dont take away the underlying cause of the HA but they can help take the edge off while you work towards healing the underlying issue through CBT and counseling.

craigos27
05-09-10, 12:53
I took an anti-depressant for my health anxiety. I found it made me worse. I blame this on to the fact that us Health Anxiety sufferers are so in tune with our body, therefore we will notice the suttle side-effects of the drug. Some people state it helps them, especially with the obsessional thoughts. I have recently wrote a post on the techniques I use to help me cope, its in the 'Health Anxiety' forum, under 'Fear of Cancer' thread.