PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever take metronidazole(flagyl)?

mom1982
02-09-10, 16:38
Does anyone know much about metronidazole(flagyl)?

I am getting a burning sensation under my skin on my hands & feet & sometimes neck & itchy skin & scalp for a few days now and a few weeks before that. The first time i ever noticed this type of symptoms was when i first took metronidazole 4 months ago. is it possible to still be effected by the side effects of that drug? i found some forums online where patients were saying they still were affected after 6mths of stopping the drug.

Any idea?

Thanks.

MoonlightFire
02-09-10, 16:53
I've taken it before and I had some side effects while I was taking it - nausea and generally feeling unwell. I don't think it would still affect someone after 4 months though - it would be out of your system by then surely. Have you taken it since then?

mom1982
02-09-10, 16:56
No ive not taken it since but every few months or weeks i get this burning sensation and itchiness that i noticed i first got after a couple of days of taking this drug. and bumps on my skin, not red but raised skin coloured bumps. i never used to get any of this before i took metronidazole. there seems to be lots of reference on the internet n metronidazole toxicity and the lasting effects and peripheral neuropathy. i'm hoping to get someone's personal experience? and how do i get this checked out?