PDA

View Full Version : Please help

live forever
02-09-10, 20:45
I'm suffering from what I think are panic attacks, I'm a 26 year old single mother and have been on Citalipram 40mg for around 4 years. I have recently started getting panic attacks about dying, firstly I think all these bad thoughts then from my chest up starts feeling really hot inside then I feel breathless and eventually be sick.

I can honestly say this is ruining my life, I went to the doctor and he gave me beta blockers which didn't work.

The thing is, I know it's got to happen one day and no one gets out alive but it doesn't help!

I don't know what triggered this at all but I really need it to go!

Do you think it can be due to my meds?

Stacy.

julieliverpool
02-09-10, 20:53
how long have u been on the meds for 4 years ? maybe u need as change im 26 myself with 2 kids and since the birth of my second one who is now 3 months old my panick attacks hit the roof been really bad they have put me on different tabs i had bad side affects off them but they seem to have warn off a bit i have them thoughts myself about im goin to die all the time there horrible but u can get threw it im havin a panick attack now just tryin to get over it hun hope ur ok xx

verity
02-09-10, 22:50
Hi, have you had any counselling? I find that has been the best help for me

live forever
05-09-10, 19:43
I've had no councelling, I barely talk to anyone about it as I feel stupid.

olderfella
05-09-10, 21:51
your not stupid your ill,i know exactly how you feel,dont be worried ask your doctor to refer you to your local mental health team & sooner rather than later,i was ashamed to tell people what was wrong but after seeking help i dont think like that anymore

choices
06-09-10, 18:33
Imagine in your head there are two balls, a red ball and blue ball. Each ball when picked up acts in a different way. The red ball can 'only' act negatively and the blue ball can 'only' act positively. It is 'impossible' for either ball to act in any other way, the same way that it impossible for you to hear music with your eyes.

Now imagine that before you do anything like move, speak, think,walk, breath anything that involves you taking some sort of action these two balls appear in your head.

Now before moving forward with your chosen action the brain requires you to pick one ball. There is no choice in this game nature has designed you to pick one or the other. But don't worry no one ball is harder to lift , each ball is lifted as simply as the other, 'with ease' , its simple 'you pick', 'you get'!!!

The problem with anxiety is that it makes you feel you are unable to have a choice in this game, which couldn't be more wrong. 'Understand' that your emotions, senses, brain and body were designed to work with and protect you ,they are your closest Allies. There is nothing on this planet that is more able to give you what you require to have a good natural life!!!

So once you choose which ball you want the brain instructs the body to act in the way you have chosen. The brain doesn't care which choice you make it doesn't hold grudges against you it does exactly what you tell it to do 100% of the time, it responds to your commands and yours only!!!

This is not a joke or just a guess, it is fact!!! For example i am unable to flick a pen across the room unless i choose to. The pen will go no where unless i pick it up and throw it!!!

You may think that you are not able to follow this information or use it but the fact is that you just have, maybe without even knowing. Every single thing you do, absolutely everything no matter how small from blinking , crying, smiling, dancing, reading, reading each single word, with each individual letter that you read, your brain makes a decision, a choice and then tells the body how to respond to that choice.

These choices can happen without us even knowing these choices are called instinct. A choice that you have previously made is stored as a memory the more memories you store the more instinctive the task becomes. Once a task you have seen before arises a choice of options appear in your brain some are negative some are positive each one holds the feelings and emotions that you felt the last time and all the other times that this task appeared.

So basically what i'm trying to say is that the way you feel is chosen by you, nothing else can make that choice, only you. Remember one ball [choice] is no harder to choose than the other like lifting your right or left arm they both respond on your command.

With anxiety these two balls [choices] appear in some cases every second of everyday so much so you find it hard to choose so often. This is because you are not really choosing!!! in fact you are stalling the choice process and if you don't choose quick enough the brain responds for you in 'one way' only to protect you.

If you pick a hot plate up while not paying attention your brain gives you a split second to choose if this is 'really' want you want to be holding if you don't 'respond' it will assume you would want to make the same choice as last time and drop the plate, yet it is clearly possible to hold a hot plate for as long as you choose, say some one offered a million pounds to you to hold it you would right?, and as long as with each time a choice appeared in your brain you chose 'yes' to keep holding the plate, it cannot be dropped!!!

So to overcome any anxiety or fear simple choose the 'blue positive ball' once the choice is made your body does the rest and responds once again to your command to give you exactly what you need to deal with your choice, big or small!! The most important thing is to CHOOSE, don't pretend to actually do it!!!

Its so important to remember that you may be confronted with these choices
many many times before you feel safe enough to not choose and allow your brain to simple do it for you!!! It needs to no for certain that without question this will always be the choice you want to make in order to protect you!!!
Once it nows this it wont ask you again!!

If you only choose 'positive' you 'cannot' feel 'negative' it is impossible the only way this can happen is when the choice appears again you choose the wrong one or don't choose!!! Its so simple pick and stick!

You cannot feel anxious unless you choose to trust me!!! Choose positively and you will be cured from the moment you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

live forever
08-09-10, 18:24
I see what you are saying but I don't agree, I most definitely cannot stop myself being scared of dying, just thinking that one day I wont be here and that it can be sooner than I think. Believe you me, if there was some way I could stop this, I would. It's ruining my life!

choices
08-09-10, 20:05
we all fear dying its just that most of us accept it.

When you die your body is given back to its rightful owner, nature!
Your body then feeds other life so that they to may to have there chance to live. You are part of chain that no one can break.

You need to live every moment like its your last because one day it will.

it is better to of loved and lost, than to have never love at all! love life !