PDA

View Full Version : nomorepanic (Nic) starts rehab

KK77
02-09-10, 21:09
I'm sure Nicola won't mind me saying that she starts cardio rehab today. (She also starts alcohol rehab next week :roflmao:)

Wish you all the best Nic - they'll get you fit and running marathons in no time :yahoo:

X

nomorepanic
02-09-10, 21:17
You are so cheeky Alex :roflmao:

Today I had my first cardiac rehab session - nearly 2 years after the heart attack but I was unable to do it back then as I was too ill with the Crohn's.

I am the baby of the group - all the others are retired so it was a bit weird being there at the young age of 44 but never mind. A lot of them have only just had heart surgery 2 months ago so they may wonder why I am there lol.

We did an exercise session, some relaxation then had a talk about the heart medication we are all on.

This is an 8 week course for 2.5 hours each time so I am hoping to get a bit fitter and learn all I can about how to cope with heart disease.

I pushed to get this rehab as I felt I never really had any cardiac care at all and I need to know what I can and can't do.

Let's hope it helps me get back on track anyway.

ElizabethJane
02-09-10, 21:27
I hope it all goes well at the cardiac rehab and the alcohol one too. EJ

nomorepanic
02-09-10, 21:36
I am not really starting alcohol rehab lol - that is Mel's (Alex) joke cos I told him I am watching how much alcohol I have nowadays :sign20:

Maj
02-09-10, 21:38
Nicola when I saw the title of Alex's post I thought you may be going into the Betty Ford Clinic!!:roflmao: Seriously though I hope you get the benefit of cardio rehab and hope that it makes you feel much better. :hugs:

Vanilla Sky
02-09-10, 22:01
Good luck Nic , sending you my warmest wishes

:hugs: Paige xxx

SueBee
02-09-10, 22:05
Good luck Nic, sending you lots of love and strength :)

Sue xxx

suzy-sue
02-09-10, 22:48
All the best with everything Nic .I hope it makes you feel better .LOTS of luv Sue x:bighug1:

blue moon
03-09-10, 05:58
Hoping all goes well for you Nicola,Take Care
Love Petra x:flowers:

yorkylover
03-09-10, 17:13
Good luck Nic.xxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

sharon35
03-09-10, 17:21
Good luck Nicola, all the best. xxxxxx

nomorepanic
03-09-10, 23:20
Thank You all

I am feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment but that is to be expected I guess.

With 2 chronic illnesses my life will never be "normal" as such but those of you that know me will know that I rarely moan about it or make a fuss and "just get on with it".

Who knows what the future holds so I have to just live for today and make the most of it now.

nomorepanic
03-09-10, 23:33
Aww Paul that made me laugh.

I am watching alcohol cos it enlarges the heart so have to be careful with that.

I am thinking of becoming a nun as there isn't much I can do :roflmao:

I will be ok. I don't like to moan and go on about it cos then I get angry and sad at the same time.

diane07
04-09-10, 08:42
Aww my poor mate :hugs:

You have to look after yourself hun, try not to look at it that you are giving up things in your life, your just making alterations in order to stay healthy.

Your entitled to feel sorry for yourself...........i would.

You've been through a tough couple of years and you moan and rant away all you want, i'm only on the other end of the phone:hugs:

di xxx

caz1625
04-09-10, 09:03
All the best Nic :hugs:

Carol x

Bill
05-09-10, 02:15
To hopefully help you smile:)...

Loving attraction, the angels created,
Labouring with love until they perfected,
With glittering abundant, with fairy eyelashes flickering,
What joy released, all heaven did sing,
When realised what happiness their Special Lady would bring.

Sending you Love and Best Wishes....and if you can't have the booze, I'll drink a toast to you!:winks::bighug1:xxx

shoegal
05-09-10, 04:59
OMG Nic! I didn't even know you'd had a heart attack! :ohmy: I've been using this site for a few years now and I pop in and out just to see what's happening, but I honestly didn't know you had been ill Nic. Anyway, onwards and upwards as they say. Good luck with rehab xxx :flowers: