PDA

View Full Version : Drinking on medication...

HunniBee
02-09-10, 21:55
Hi all,

Im on mirt 15mg only at night and cit 20mg once in the morning.

Im going out on a night out in a couple of weekends time and was wondering if I didn't take the mirt at night if I could drink...

Help?!?

Thanks,

HB x x

annie 1968
03-09-10, 08:06
Hi

I have been taking 10mg of cit for just over 4 weeks now. I was told by the doctor that you can drink alcohol but not to go mad and get wrecked!! I went out last night and consumed 4 glasses of wine and i must say i felt very merry lol. Seriously i now don't drink anywhere near what i used to drink before my anxiety,maybe a couple of drinks a week. I think as long as you don't go getting drunk every night the odd drink or two should be fine:)

Hth

HunniBee
03-09-10, 08:23
Hi Annie,

Thanks for your answer!

I haven't touched any alcohol since I started taking my cit and that's been over 2 months now.

This is my first night out on the town for over a year!! Sad yes I know lol.

HB x x

suzy-sue
03-09-10, 15:56
You might find the alcohol has a enhanced effect mixed with the meds .So go easy ..If you drink too much you will have bad anxiety the next day .Enjoy your night out and have fun .:DSue x

HunniBee
03-09-10, 15:59
Well I was going to miss that days tablet...naughty I know but I want a good night out!!

HB x x

boro1876
03-09-10, 16:11
I was advised to cut drinking down as drinking and taking cit make the cit work less but I suppose only drinking now and then will do no harm

KATYB
04-09-10, 19:26
Last Sunday I had about 2 very small glasses of champers and 2 white wine spritzers, it was spread over about 4 hours, I felt fine/relaxed maybe a little tipsy but nothing noticeable, (I always classed myself as a lightweight anyway, plus I'm not a big person, am 5ft3 only weigh little over 9st !!) I currently take 20mg of cit a day. when drinking at home I always have half wine/half lemonade if I want a drink. Haven't touched a spirit since starting cit.

calm
04-09-10, 19:53
i went out last sunday....had three vodka and cokes....and it was just fine...im on cit xxxxxx

sometimes we have to cut loose...life is for living....once in awhile im sure it wont hurt...but obviously you have to make that decision my love xxxxxx

HunniBee
05-09-10, 09:51
Thanks everyone :)

Hey Tracey, how are you?? Haven't spoken in ages!! I miss our rambling chats lol :)

HB x x

HunniBee
07-09-10, 19:56
I know we are talking about cit here but im on Mirt as well and just wondered if i can drink with those...i only take one at night but obviously that night i wont take one as i will be drinking....help??

HunniBee
11-09-10, 09:42
Advice please....

I took 10mg of cit this morning and 7.5mg of mirt last night...would it be ok to still have a few drinks this evening? I've not drunk at all since being on tablets so experience would be great please?

Thanks,

HB x x

trooper
12-09-10, 09:45
This has been a major issue for me too. My business is totally male dominated and it happens in the pub. I get drunk quite easily anyway and at the height of my anxiety it wasn't working out so well. My behaviour got stranger and more hostile, and big periods of evenings I couldn't remember and had no idea how i got home.

To a degree I drank a lot to calm down anxiety and social discomfort.

Since starting Cit going from. 20-40mg I have avoided booze altogether. Then last week I had to go to a meeting and I had two pint over a few hours, I did feel a bit more tipsy than one should after that fairly small amount but I was ok.

Next day I felt really tired and had to nap in the afternoon, so wouldn't work on a week day.

Friday I had another meeting starting at mid-day and drank about 4-5 pints, I did again feel pretty tipsy and slightly 'wired' but again, it wasn't as bad as I had feared.

I drank lots of water and ate well, and the next day wasn't too bad. Just felt tired. And again, I had to have a nap in the afternoon.

I've also found I get more dehydrated in generaly, so drink some water before and during to help that.

From reading this forum a lot, I think the key is moderation and if you know you're likely to drink a few more than a couple, make sure you haven't got work the next day as sometimes it can make you sick.

HunniBee
12-09-10, 12:32
Thanks!!

Went out last night and drunk how I normally would on a night out and didn't feel strange, sick or anything!!

No hangover either just a little tired! So it's all good thankfully! :)

HB x