PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness

mike83
03-09-10, 01:17
Been taking this 7 weeks or so and getting side effects of dizziness, I've just been upped to 200mg from 150mg and it maybe a little worse than it was. Is this a common side effect? I had migrane associated vertigo when I was younger and its a bit like that, but not as bad. It usually gets worse right after I take the tablets, as in the mornings its not as bad. I'm convinced they are helping and I would gladly suffer dizziness than panic attacks! Its just a bit annoying.

JT69
03-09-10, 07:01
Hi Mike,

The dizziness is normal...I have been taking 200mg (100 am and 100 before bed) for around 3 weeks now and I still get dizziness now and then epecially if I turn quickly or get up quickly etc. I also feel a bit spaced out at times and tired but like you would prefer that than suffer anxiety!!!

Glad its helping you too!!! Wonder drug!!!

Take care.
Jo.xx

Belfry1973
03-09-10, 19:51
Its an extremely common side effect, I think practically everyone on the Pregabalin board has had it, but it does settle down but did return when I had my dose increased.

After some discussion what most of us found helped was to take the tablets on a full stomach, I always have a few cereal bars around incase I forget breakfast, it definately reduces the dizziness and the spaced out/euphoria feeling.

It is a great drug, theres a couple of diaries on her (including mine, which is fabulous, she says modestly! :D) with lots of info about the side effects, feelings, etc.