PDA

View Full Version : anyone else on this for 3rd time??

rooby
03-09-10, 10:04
hi to all
the first time I took this med it worked brilliantly after 2 weeks I just felt better. Stupidly I came off it after 6 months and then had a breakdown, went back on and it didn't work as well and was given other meds to try all with bad side effects. Psych doc says I am sensitive to these meds and prescribed trazodone which was the one I was on in the first place before they changed it to lexapro!!!!!!!
Am so fed up now I rang gp and asked for lexapro again.
Will it work 3rd time round? It's so hard to be positive

Rooby

ems43
20-10-10, 13:41
Hi rooby, i had very similar experience, worked for me really well 3 times in the past, this time didn;t work and increased my anxiety ( though think i did up the meds too quickly). I too feel exhausted with trying new meds, praying they work and fearing having ot start something else if they don;t. i am trying now not to think that medication alone is the answer and am waiting for soem cbt. are you having nay therapy? x

rooby
21-10-10, 19:21
thankyou for your reply, it's really good to hear i am not the only one feeling like this. Yes i have had psychotherapy for nearly a year but therapist said he could only really help me if i was off the meds, so i am having a break from him. I am beginning to agree with you that meds are not the answer (for me anyway) so i might try again to manage without them and go back for proper therapy.
Are you taking lexapro at the moment? How are you managing?

debs71
21-10-10, 21:16
rooby, I have been on and off Cipralex a few times.

The first time it was stopped I very soon started slipping back again so it was restarted. I came off it again and was fine for ages, but last October I fainted at work through panic/anxiety and had to start them again on just a low dose this time of 5mg. I came off them in June, then lo and behold, come September - and triggered by a stressy relationship - I started having panic and anxiety symptoms again so restarted at 10mg.

I'm kind of resolved right now to be on them long term as I am so fed up with the yo-yo thing of going on/off them all the time. In my opinion, the Cipralex DOES work well, it is just maintaining some equilibrium that I personally find tricky! I think in retrospect I have simply not been on them for long enough periods.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.X

rooby
22-10-10, 21:50
thanks debs

yes you are right I think some of us just need to keep taking them, thing is when you feel bit better you don't want to be on them. I suppose it is a fact of life for some of us.
Nice to know one is not alone in these feelings.
Xx