PDA

View Full Version : cipralex and resque remedy by bach

annitsa
03-09-10, 12:26
:)Hello guys,
I just wanted to ask if it is safe to be on cipralex 30mg and to take also the natural rescue remedy of Bach. You know I am on treatment with cipralex for panic disorder which began with a panic attack on flight. Since then I got over my other anxiety but still I am afraid of flying. Do you believe that the combination of those too will allow me to fly again?? I want it so much!!!
Thank you

debs71
03-09-10, 13:47
Hi annitsa,

It is ABSOLUTELY safe to take them both.

You could be my twin, lol!!! I was on Cipralex up until 3 months ago and whilst still on it last December I was flying off to Spain and I always get the jitters when I am due to travel/have a stressy, busy journey so I took a few drops of Bach's on the tongue which helped enormously. Since then I did it again when I travelled in May and was still on Cipralex. NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.

Bach's is a natural remedy so will not interact with your meds so don't worry!

I find the combination of the two is very good. The meds keep you generally calm long term whilst the Bach's give you that little extra kick and confidence to do something immediate.

Good luck.xxxxx:hugs:

annitsa
03-09-10, 19:17
Thank you deps71 for your comment! I will try it and I hope to work! How long have you been on cipralex?are you ok now?

debs71
03-09-10, 23:13
Hi annitsa,

Thanks for asking how I am now.My story is that I have been on and off Cipralex for the past 6 years after suffering a breakdown triggered by depression and anxiety/panic attacks.

I started on 20mg when I was first diagnosed with depression (and had 18 weeks of counselling) and gradually weaned it down to 5mg once I felt stronger, then eventually came off it and managed to get back to working after 14 months out of work sick, but frustratingly, I have had a few occasions over the years where after coming off the cipralex my panic and anxiety returned so I had to restart it again. I restarted the Cipralex last October following an anxiety attack where I passed out at work after a very stressy time and I came off them in May. Since then I have been meds free.

I have to say it is a struggle. My panic attacks and anxiety resurfaced this week (triggered by relationship worries) but I am SO DETERMINED to face them and deal with them without resorting to medication again. I had a bad day today and have been feeling very anxious, but because I have had these episodes on and off for so many years I feel more confident about dealing with them now, and can most of the time talk myself down from them, but I do find it difficult, though it is TOTALLY possible.

I share your anxiety of flying and I nearly had a panic attack on a flight last year, shortly after I started back on the meds, but I distracted myself by closing my eyes and listening to my IPOD. I immediately try to focus on something else to dispel the physical symptoms of panic and it really helps.

I do hope you are ok too and let me know how you get on with the Bachs!

xxxxx:hugs:

nomorepanic
04-09-10, 00:08
Just in case you didn't know I sell all the rescue remedy products in the NMP online shop - sometimes I am cheaper than high street chemists and sometimes not but take a look anyway and compare prices.