PDA

View Full Version : Eptopic Beats..im sorry please help..xxxxx

ashley
28-02-06, 17:13
hi folks guess who,
yep me again...wot am i going to do everyone,im so lost.
Ive had 3 ecg's now, blood tests and yet theres nothink wrong-just a little above average colerstrol- ,i just dont understand..do you know what i am a great follower of anxiety and have had it years like i said , no every trick in the book that the minds plays ..but i am just so scared, depressed, anxious , and in dispair about the way im feeling..today i have had wht i think is eptopic beats, its like my heart firstly is going mental like you can see it jumping out my chest ... masif movement, you know the ones that any normal(quote un quote) can get from time to time andit makes ya jump dont it, well im getting them but today i've had it on and off all day and sometimes continusley like for around 3 hours, jumping out of my chest and in my throat ... i would even say bring back my panic attacks now, compared to this. Im on diazipan anyway for the panic which helps for that, but all the other symtoms are there in major force...
My family are good in ways apart from my dad who does not understand what i am going through atall,and starting shouting his mouth of yesterday when i was chattin with my mum,that didnt help atall and actually hurt(long story)
But i live on my own with my kids and im scared ,and lonley and at the end of my teather.
What am i going to do... can anyone relate...piglet if you are reading i know you went through this ,if i remember right.

Is this quite normal regarding my heart complaint as i dont know the difference between reality and not.

please be honest with me thanx xxxx

ashley xxxxx:(

sadie
28-02-06, 18:50
Hi Ashley,

I am sorry things are not so good for you at the moment but we all have 'blips' and we have to just let them pass and not let them get us down.

I totlayy understand the fear that comes with having etopic beats or any symptom to do with the heart region as that has always been my biggest concern too. What you have to TRUST is your test results and your GP. If they found anything wrong with your heart they would advise you straight away and do what they could to ensure that you were safe. Your heart is a strong beating heart just like any other but just beats a little funny when your under stress and worried about stuff.

Let these symptoms pass and the more you lose interest in them the less they come. Meg alsways said to me when I had etopic beats, everytime you have one, just say to yourself 'oh well, atleast that is one less one I will have in the future'. This does help I promise.

I think you maybe could benefit from counselling, stress managment or CBT to help keep your anxiety/ thoughts and stress in check. I would speak to your GP and ask what facilities are available to you in your area. You are not alone and we all understand how you feel. Keep sharing your fears with us and we will always try and help you the best we can.

Take care

sadie

Panikki
01-03-06, 09:33
Hi Ashley,
I have suffered with palps for yrs alongside anxiety..the last few days I've had them on and off all day and nite and not just a gentle flutter ..like you its major where u can see the movements in ur chest and i've had chest pain around my heart with it..are we dying? probably not i've been thinking this for the last 15 yrs with panic and i'm still here! It's got to be our anxiety the more we fear it the worse it gets...I hope you feel better soon ...best wishes Jodie.

J Baker

ashley
01-03-06, 14:21
Could anyone tell me does sightly high cholesterol 5.8 cause the problems that i have had as well??? coz when i spoke to the doctor he said thats why ive been feeling under the weather , im so confused with all of this,every time i get eptoic beats, pains in the chest or feel anxious ,or lightheaded i feel im going to have a heart attack due to high cholesterol.

Oh god im so desparate, so painfully desparate...

what am i going to do ...

ashley x

Trev
01-03-06, 16:52
Hi Ashley,

the constant worry that youa re going through is what will be keeping the ectopics etc going.
I know that they are unpleasant and damn scary at times but the best thing you can do is to try and relax and get your thoughts onto other stuff.
This will probably be gradual as you are probably very senstised at the moment.

Cheers,
Trev

ashley
01-03-06, 17:28
I just want to me again, i really do...i want to be the old ashley..cant stand the way imfeeling..i dont want to die people,i have kids like most of us do on here,and i owe so much to them after my daughter see me beating up last year...im scared the cholesterol level (5.8) is the cause of all thisand thats why im so ill, and that i will have a heart attack..

ashley xxxx

Quirky
01-03-06, 17:36
Hi Ashley,

Maybe Meg or someone with medical training can answer the cholesterol question better but as far as I know having high cholesterol does not cause any symtoms at all. Many people don't know they have it until a blood test discovers it.
Cholesterol can be easily lowered with diet or medication so is not serious and as far as I know 5.8 isn't drastically high anyway. Your doctor can help with advice about this if necessary.

It sounds more likely that it's the anxiety making you feel so ill to me but I am not an expert.

Some CBT might be a real help to you.

I know how scary all this feels but it is possible to overcome this.

Lisa

ashley
01-03-06, 18:26
Oh lisa,
Mate ive had anxiety /panic and depression for years now, and boy i have had it so so bad...you know what it is like, but man to this level hell no, i have never ever had it to this level ..it is unbelivable...i know every trick and game and you name it ive had it..but lisa never have i had it to this degree..wow how nasty.
Love thanx for being sweet and taking the time to reply, i always appriecate a reply, anyone reading these messages ..if ya can please post as i needto get itin to my thick head thatall it is is anxiety.
Lisa ya know what i can advice, and tell people whats what when it comes to this, after all i have enuff experience right, so like i have siad before why cant i listen to myself,what a joke huh.
Thanx lisa,having the worst time in my life right now...
ashley xxxxx

molly15
01-03-06, 18:40
HI ASHLEY I DONT THINK A SLIGHTLY RAISED CHOLESTEROL OF 5.8 AT YOUR AGE WILL MAKE YOU FEEL UNWELL.MAYBE MAG WILL SEE THIS AND SHE CAN ADVISE .I ASKED HER ABOUT MY CHOLESTEROL ASWELL AND SHE REASURED ME.IM SORRY YOUR STILL FEELING BAD.BUT THE CHOLESTEROL IS JUST ANOTHER THING FOR YOU TO WORRY ABOUT UNECASSERALY.AND I REALLY FEEL ITS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT MY UNCLE HAS HAD A CHOLESTEROL OF 11 FOR YEARS AND HE DOSENT WORRY ABOUT IT.HE IS ON MEDS TO GET HIS DOWN.HIS HAS BEEN LIKE THAT FOR 20 YEARS.HE IS IN HIS SIXTIES NOW .YOURS IS ONLY SLIGHTLY UP AND CAN BE CHANGED EASILY WITH SMALL CHANGES TO YOUR DIET.IT CERTAINLY WONT AFFECT YOUR HEART AT YOUR AGE.IT WILL NOT BECAUSING THOSE BLASTED ECTOPICS THAT IS YOUR NERVES.I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON. TAKE CARE MARCIA

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

linjane
01-03-06, 18:50
Hi Ashley,
I can totally relate to how you're feeling right now. Like you, I've had anxiety for years and the ectopic beats for nearly four years now and they do take over my life sometimes too. Right now, I'm going through a bad patch of them and they are scaring me. Having them on and off all day and waking up with them at night - thats never happened before either and I certainly don't like that!

All I can tell you is what everyone else has said, but I'm like you and need the constant reassurance that they aren't harming us. You can PM me anytime you like and if I'm around I'll try to support you.
Take care,
Love,
linda.x

ashley
01-03-06, 22:08
Thanx for that, its does help when you have that reasurrance shame it dosnt actually register in our minds huh.
Ive had enuff i'm at the end of my teather,im so scared all the time, think im gonna have a heart attack coz my cholesterol level is 5.8... the eptopic beats are so so nasty and i have them on and of and on and off all day-sometimes one after the other..i want it all to leave and right now.
Im going to be brave in a minute and go and listen to my calming cd's and see what happens there, gotta try something ..coz i cant stand it.
Cant beelive the doctor nevere gave me proper medication, he should of, as im in a poper mental statelol, but true..

How u doing love anyway , forgive me for rambling

ashley x

linjane
02-03-06, 09:54
Hi Ashley,
You're not rambling lol!!! My doc didn't give me any medication until last year and that was grudgingly cus I kept bugging him. I haven't taken them since June, which is when I fell pregnant, but started taking them again yesterday and I do feel calmer, however, I still had some ectopics yesterday and last night I woke up with them again and they lasted for 15 minutes. I'm like you, I want them to go and never come back.

Got to go to work now, but will chat to you later. Hope you have a better day today.
Take care,
Love, Linda.x

lin
02-03-06, 14:22
Hi Ashley

I do know how you feel i'm still havin these horrid ectopics when i get one that i really feel it does worry me and i come over all weird like an anxious feeling and then when the ectopic goes that feeling goes too.

I had one today and it scared me the little ones also still scare me but this one really did.

linda x

ashley
02-03-06, 17:47
I tell ya im the queen of eptopic beats i reakon there nasty mate, i can have lots of little ones throughout the day and then nasty big ones that roll one after the other, and that can go on all day...however touch wood today ive only had 5/6 little ones, hope i havnt jinxed myself.
Anyway just an undate for people to have alisten to, i went to the docs and he has put me on beta blockers , but im scared to take them everyone,i have a big fear about taking tablets... can anyone relate to that--- looked at the side effects and it said slow pulse rate, well that kicked me of into one and they are sitting on the side, what can i do.
He didnt want to give me any anti-depressants until i have tried these for ten days... im scared ..has anyone took these.
Also just to wory me even more my blood pressure was a little high to, can anyone relate to that, he said its because of stress...jesus im sure this stress is gonna kill me.
I cant take it...one min i feel hypo, then i feel completly oppsite and feel slow, i feel so so weak and tired and i keep telling myself OH THATS BECAUSE I HAVE HEART TROUBLE, IM DYING SLOWLY I SAY TO MYSELF,jesus im going round the bend,
i think i may of mentioned that he put me on diazipan the other day , but told me tostop taking them for a bit and try the beta blockers, now im freaking coz the diazipan take the slight edge of me, slight anyway ..
oh what can i do.. im tired and weak and just wanna cry so much ..wish you were all here with me.. im solonley even though you all are going through the same thing as me, i am the only person in this body ..im so scared everyone..all i think of is doom and gloom and i feel like im dying
What will these beta -blockers do,is it dangerous to take them and has anyone had side effects..oh f*****g hell man.. godf please help .

ashley xxxx

linjane
02-03-06, 19:02
Hi Ashley,
I was prescribed Beta Blockers last year, but only cus I kept on bugging my doc, he was really hesitant about giving them to me and only gave in to give me peace of mind. A month later I became pregnant so had to stop taking them, but because I have feeling so bad lately I started taking them again. I feel much calmer (I'm on Propranalol, which can also be used for anxiety) and haven't had as many ectopics although I still do get them and last night I had another attack after I woke up. These I find scary, because they never used to be like that.

If I were you, I'd give the beta blockers a go. Everything has side effects but he wouldn't have given them to you unless he was sure.

Hope this helps.
Take care,
Linda.x

ashley
02-03-06, 20:30
oh god , im going round in circles, ive read up on what peeps have said on this site and it ant good , when it comes to beta-blockers i read that it makes ya heart rate go slow
I just dont think i should take them, in the very very beginnning i freaked out coz my heart rate was going slow and i was getting chest pain, thats what started me of...gods knows what that ever was anyway... does anyone here suffer from that, anyway thats what started me.

Think i would rather keep taking the dizipan and also get themto put me on anti-depressants... im so upset i could break down and cry ,i think i should be in a funky farm(mental insitute) muxh more of this i will admit myself.

ash

xx

ash x

linjane
02-03-06, 21:14
Hi Ashley,
Try to calm down. I'm not sure what other people have said about beta blockers but I really do think you should try them if your doc has prescribed them for you. Maybe Meg could give you some advice about them, but I'm sure there are lots of people on this site who have/are taking them.

Like I said before, no medication is without side effects, including your diazepam and anti-depressants. I have never taken either of them and believe me, with the things that have happened to me, I could defo have cracked up by now, its just the ectopics that get the better of me most of the time.
I'm here if you need to talk.
Linda.x

Trev
02-03-06, 21:17
Right Ashley, I don't know what you've read but what I can tell you is that I've been down the same route as you.
I got myself in a right state over it all.
First point, you won't go mad. It's a completely different kettle of fish so pu that one to bed straight away. It just doesn't happen.
Secondly, I was put on Betablockers (Atenolol) and I didn't really want to take them but I did. They slow your heart rate down a bit and seem to generally regulate it a bit. I made the mistake of reading the side effects leaflet as all health anxiety sufferers are prone to do!! :D Ignore them. Millions of people take them with no problem. Likelyhood is you are on a low dose anyway. Betablockers don't stop the anxiety. If you keep thrashing yourself you can still have panics etc on them. I continued to get chest and arm pains but it was because I was worrying about taking the betablockers!! If you decide to stop them you must come of them under supervision. Don't just stop. They may make you a bit sluggish depending on the dose.

What you need to deal with while on them is YOUR THOUGHTS. Remember, a thought is a thing. Thoughts lead to bodily feelings which lead to behaviour patterns. Break the thought cycle and try and get your thoughts onto something else. Easy said I know, but take the time to try and read Claire Weekes etc and learn about the mechanisms of how your body reacts to your thoughts.

You can turn it round and be ok. :D

Cheers,
Trev

linjane
02-03-06, 21:25
Thats good advice Trev and I'll try and take it too. I still can't get my head round how our thoughts can cause all of our symptoms, especially the ectopic heartbeats!

Thanks for the advice.
Linda.

ashley
02-03-06, 21:46
His a good lad is our trev heheh xxxxx

linjane
02-03-06, 21:48
See,you sound better already!!!xxx

Trev
02-03-06, 22:18
One thing worth noting regarding ectopics that I found written about them and then realised it was happening to me. The ectopics don't necessarily come at the time you feel panic.
You can be sitting there bascially ok and then suddenly they seem to come out of the blue. However, you can get a sort of delayed reaction. I found that they may have been caused by a thought or something that happened some time before.
The coming out of the blue thing used to freak me but then I noticed that I could start thinking about blood pressure, heart attacks etc and then only get the ectopics some minutes or even hours afterwards. Taken on their own you would think they had come out of the blue. Once I realised this they bothered me less and so came less.

The other thing, that I think is listed on this site is to think of ectopics as basically like a "sneeze" for the heart. It doesn't really matter or interfere with anything it just does it's thing and that's that. Claire Weekes mentions them in her books and barely gives them the time of day.

Cheers guys,
Trev

P.S. Very important. Remember THOUGHTS lead to FEELINGS leads to BEHAVIOUR. This pattern is so, so, so important in my opinion. Once you grasp this and realise how it works you can see how to create the opposite effect.
Put in the context of our situation THOUGHTS lead to SENSATIONS / BOBILY REACTIONS. Thoughts can be very powerful things. Negative ones can keep us trapped in a spiral of anxiety. Change the negative to positive thoughts and it starts unravelling itself. :D:D

But it takes time to make the change. Don't rush it. Just gradually try and turn it round.

Right, I've rabitted on as usual so I'd better stop!!!

jackie
02-03-06, 22:22
WELL DONE TREVOR. ESP ABOUT THE DELAYED REACTION BIT. I WAS IN FEAR ABOUT A CLOT LAST WEEK BUT THIS WEEK GOT ALL THE SYMPTOMS, IE BREATHLESS

WELL DONE YOU TWO I THINK SHE FEELS BETTER

ASH I HAVE PMD YOU
JACKIE

ashley
02-03-06, 22:53
Yeah thanx jack i did see ya message , it is great to haveyou guys around i tell ya what would i do without you all.
Trev what a man of wisdom, you have certinley done your homework, truth is so did i once apon a time, but coz im in such a whirlwind of anxiety i am not thinking of what i actually know, im not using my strenghs ,i need to get them into order..totally.. and you are so so right... if you think negitive thoughts constantly it does affect you its so true, what good can it do .. but to think oh nice things makes us all nice warm and poistive,feeling good.Trev thanx for your advice you are so reasurring and you have made me open my eyes from within the whirlwind i am in, just need to find the exit now love- if ya see me with my hand poking out , drag me out of there please coz its not nice in here trev..
you are a diamond , i feel better .. even if it only lasts a night, see did ya see that what i said... had a nice little poistive thought and then had to throw ina negative... it ant easy is it... but i must re-train my brain aagin..i have kids for them i will try and be all strong about this ..

you guys .. never can forget ya

MAD ASH X

lin
03-03-06, 09:34
i think trev has given great advice on these ectopics i hate having them i do feel reasured (i hope), i'm going to get the Claire Weekes book it does sound good hopefully i can be even more reasured.

Ashely mate u know i'm going through this with you i feel exactly the same i was put on beta-blockers when i first had these and like you read the side affects but i did take them and i found my pulse rate was slower than normal so i came off them but not everyone is the same i just didn't want to b on them mayb i was put on a too higher dose I'm going to the docs nxt wk and i know he will want me to be on them but i don't know i'm not to sure.

linda x

ashley
03-03-06, 13:08
Woke up this morning, man i feel so groggy its unreal, and my pulse rate is really slow ... if it isnt one way its anthour hay.
Feel really really depressed , eptopics beats going on ,trying not to think about them but you know they are scary arntthey... i do ask my self why are they and my answer in my head is i feel is my heart is goingto stop , that the blood wont clear through the chamber in my heart and that i will collaspe, you have to remember i have never had these until 5 days ago,ive never had themin 15 years .. had enough , im living in fear the time i wake up umtili go to bed ya know,and god knows what goeson when im sleeping i dread to think.
At stages here and there a little blast of ashley comes out , thats properley the diazipan...but mostly im scared ...just feel like someone different like ashley has died inside, its horrible... when will these eptopics stop ive had around 30 of them since i woke up..
My dad hasnt spoke to me since last sunday , he cant understand all this. When i went to hospital, i rang my parents up from there ,my dad was freaking out in the background,god knows what for --shouting hsi head of... mum spoke to me later and said he just dosnt knowhow to handle it love...
i tell you i love my dad ,and he has always been there ...just because this is a mental proplem(i hope) he has turned his back on me. im so hurt with him , and upset and annoyed ..
he can go f**K hisself..sorry guys to say , i love him and that hurts.. i said to mum so if i had a heart proplem he would be talking to me then... that ant right guys.
My children are giving me so much grief , i dont blame them for the way i feel of course i dont , but they dont help matters.
I just want mymum here with me, but how can she .. my nan of 86 lives with my parents .. she is blind and my poor mum at 65 is a carer for her,, she has angina ... my little brother who i love to death but is a **** is living at home still, he is 23 .. he should bloody naf of,he gives them grieve... and my dad well, its my mums fault but she does everything for him...
Im on my own, my sisters are great and help me so much but because they have familys tolook after and husbands ya know... my cousin who god knows where i would be without her helps me so much and stays over once a week,,, she is the best and such alaf and takes my mind of things , but she also like everyone has her life and husband... then theres me on my own... dont exactly need a man in my life always pick the wrong ones me, but i need something , something is missing.
Of course i want to go back to work, but i need to feel me again dont i before that.

i am so so fed up and upset and down and depressed and scared..

arnt i boring.. same ol same ol

ash xxx

linjane
03-03-06, 13:43
Hi Ashley,
I've lived with the ectopics for nearly four years now and they still terrify me. The only advice I can give, is that everyone says that they ARE NOT DANGEROUS but its easy to think that when you're not having them, cus when you are, they totally freak you out.

I'm not feeling brilliant myself but I'm here if you need me.
Love, Linda.x