PDA

View Full Version : Seritonin Syndrome?

StressedEric
03-09-10, 14:28
Hi, Rewrote this thread to explain things better. My doc prescribed 50mg sertraline as the 30mg of Cit. was not helping and rasied by anx. considerably. was only on 30mg cit for 1 week was prev. on 20mg for 5 months. He said take 30mg cit one day and 50mg sertraline the next for 1 week then stop cit. Was worried as would this likely cause seritonin syndrome having both meds in system? had a massive headache (never had one this bad) all night, increased dizziness and constant tremor in arms which started a couple of hours after taking 1st sertaline so went back to 30mg cit. continually again. Now on 20mg cit. (no sertraline) after going to docs again and have been fon this or 2 weeks. still feel very jittery and tremors still there. I know this likely be all side effects from jump from 20-30mg and then back down to 20mg in short time (even tho only on 30mg for 1 week) or could it be something more serious like effects of seritonin syndrome from alternating the two meds?:shrug:

suzy-sue
03-09-10, 14:37
No Eric its just the side effects and withdrawal of messing with your doses .It will level off .Try to relax and dont worry .t/c Sue x:hugs:

StressedEric
03-09-10, 15:20
Does this include extreme spacy feelings. Feel so out of it now like I'm brain dead and a bit wobbly when walking. :wacko:

suzy-sue
03-09-10, 15:28
yes definately Eric . suex

StressedEric
04-09-10, 17:42
Thanks sue. Am suffering pretty bad. Starting to believe I'm going mad just spaced out in bed worrying about it even tho trying v.hard not to. Hoping it Will level off soon? Anxiety thru roof.