PDA

View Full Version : REALLY NEED YOUR SUPPORT.....

linjane
28-02-06, 17:20
Hi everyone, long time no speak!!!

I haven't been on here for ages, mainly because I was doing 'sort of' ok....until recently. I had a bad panic attack just before Xmas - caused by missed beats - but I dealt with that and ended up enjoying Xmas. I have been having more ectopics than usual for the last couple of weeks and then this morning I had my worst ever attack. I awoke at 5.40am with my heart pounding, I had been dreaming but don't know what about. On top of my racing heart I was also having missed beats every few beats and this went on for nearly an hour. I was really scared and ended up going into major panic, with the shakes and everything. My husband was on nights and apart from the kids, I was on my own.

I rang the doctors, but there were no appointments, but the nurse fitted me in. She checked my BP and pulse, both were quite high to begin with but did gradually come down, she did them four times.!! She tried to reassure me that they won't hurt me, but I feel back to square one, where they are going to overtake my life again. I said that I didn't feel unnecessarily anxious right now, just the usual money worries/odd argument with hubby etc., but she said I was being too hard on myself because of what happened in October with my baby. Also, it is nearly three weeks to the date when I should have given birth and that is on my mind.

I just don't want the ectopics to come back so badly again and wish there was something I could do to control them.
Linda.x

Piglet
28-02-06, 18:00
Linda hun,

How nice to hear from you again - I often think about you and wonder how its all going.

It's absolutely understandable that you maybe feeling like you do at the moment with due date coming up. I am really pleased that on the whole you have been doing well - we always like to hear that on here.

I am sure the ectopics won't come back as badly but I were you mate I wouldn't even try to control them, I think I would think to myself let them come. You have dealt with them many times before and you know they are an anxiety/stress symptom and one lots of us share with you so try not to let them scare you.

Lovely to see you again.

Piglet xx

linjane
28-02-06, 20:20
Hi Piglet,
Thanks for replying.

I know what you're saying, I just hope I can deal with them again. Getting them so strongly like I've had today has been horrible, I can't remember a time when they were so bad and I'm back to worrying its something else. I'm even getting scared about going to bed tonight in case the same thing happens again.

Take care and nice to speak to you again.
Love, Linda.x

Piglet
28-02-06, 21:36
If it does hun try really hard not to react (I know this is sooo much easier said than done).

Try and breath really slowly and calmly into your tum taking a little longer on the out breath, telling yourself you know this is not going to harm you its just annoying, like a run of sneezes, (meg told me that one and it helps with me).

You know deep down that if anything was wrong it would have been picked up by the doctor by now - you have been having them for a very long time.

Big hug.

Piglet x

sal
28-02-06, 23:25
Hi Linda

Good to hear from you but not good with how you are feeling. PM me your mobile number have missed having our crack and with not been on site so long have missed what has being happening with you. Think about you often and hope we can keep in touch.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

alexis
28-02-06, 23:32
Hi Linda, nice to see you back and glad you have been doing ok, the next 3 weeks will be difficult for you.
Im not good at giving advice at mo but hope you get lots of good answers etc.xxxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Sue K with 5
01-03-06, 00:34
Hi Lin !

When I have dates and events that make me sad, not dissimilar to yours it has an amzing affect on me as well, I have the skipped heart beats and also the rapid pounding ! they come from no where and they go back to the same place. I sometimes thing if you challenege them and say I know why I am upset it tends to make them calm down a little quicker. Be nice to yourself at the moment. Give yourself some time to grieve and speak to hubby about this. You need support and love at this time..

take good care of yourself ok

Sue with 5

scknight

Meg
01-03-06, 14:35
Linda

Subconciously this is only to be expected with you as this time draws near as this is how your body always responds to stress.

There is NO reason that you are going to let it back overtake your life - let them happen just as you have for months on end and have never harmed you and will not do so and they willl calm down again.

Love

Meg

linjane
01-03-06, 18:44
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the replies. Its amazing how much I've missed chatting to you all and its nice you remember me.

I had another attack of them in the early hours and I did try the breathing but it didn't help. I had two attacks one at 3.25am and another at 6.30am. Eventually when i got up I took a Propranalol (which I've still got from when gp put me on them last year) and I felt much calmer all day. I even went to the gym this morning - I've started going twice a week with my friend - and I didn't have any there and that just makes even less sense!! I have been back to the docs this afternoon because I know I need to address this before it gets out of hand. It was a Locum, but he seemed ok and listened to what I had to say. He said to take the Props when I need them and in the meantime he was going to refer me for another 24hr monitor which he said he was doing to reassure me and be able to give me a positive outlook on things. I hope it will be ok???
I even rang the British Heart Foundation this morning and they were really helpful and said that because of all the bereavements I had its no wonder I am getting these but she did say that one day, they might go altogether and to think about going back to counselling. I rang my pyschotherapist today and apparently he has discharged me, but I was never told but the office have left a message for him to call me back, but he didn't today.

I just feel like I have gone back to square one. I have had some more missed beats tonight but I'm hoping I get a better nights sleep today.

I can't believe this is happening again.......

Thanks for all your support.
Sal, I will PM you with my number and Alexis are you ok???? You don't sound it but I'm here if you need me.

Take care, Love, Linda.xxx

sal
01-03-06, 23:08
Hi hun

What you have been through you could never be back a sqaure one. I have felt it but we have a deeper knowledge of how things are and what to expect when we feel like this. You are a strong person and i know we will get through this. Its a blip and you will come through again much stronger.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Meg
02-03-06, 00:03
Lin,

You are nowhere near back to square one.

Previously you would never have gone to the gym or been as positive about the next day . This is a temporary blip due to memorable dates

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

linjane
02-03-06, 09:51
Morning,
I so hope you're both right.

I had another 'attack' of them last night, again after waking up at about 11.30 and they lasted for 15minutes. I don't understand this, because they never used to happen on waking before???? I am worried about having the 24hr monitor again, but hopefully all will be ok and then I need to focus on just ignoring them again.

Thanks again for the support. Meg, could you shed any light on why the missed beats are coming in my sleep and when I wake up?

Love, Linda.xxx

linjane
02-03-06, 21:21
Today hasn't been too bad and only noticed the odd one or two missing beats, but I'm getting scared about going to sleep again if it all starts happening in the night again.

If there is anyone around with any medical background, I would be so grateful of any inputs/advice.

Linda.x

Karen
02-03-06, 23:09
Hi Linda

Sorry I have no medical background. However, I can reassure you that deep down you know you have had these sames symptoms and fears many times in the past and have been fine. I realise how difficult it can be to rationalise when anxiety gets the better of you but keep focusing on the past evidence you have that these are not dangerous and you will be fine to sleep.

I would agree that this is a temporary blip caused by associations to dates. This will pass and you have not gone back to square one.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

sal
02-03-06, 23:34
Linda

From day one you were struggling but then you moved on and were doing great against all the odds including the pressure of your loss, your husband, the business, your mother in law etc. So trust me you will not go back again. I appreciate you might feel that but after you have come through that nothing can push you further back. You have experienced the biggest lost that any of us can comprehend but carried on pushing yourself even if you still felt unwell. That show pure courage and determination and you never once let it beat you. If you cant see that i will constantly remind you of how well you have coped. I admire how well you have done and always will and i am sure everyone on the site that knows your story will feel exactly the same.

Love Sal xx

linjane
03-03-06, 11:43
Thanks Sal, that means a lot to me.

I did have a better night last night, no sudden bursts of missed beats or anything, but all of sudden in bed last night, something triggered inside me and I suddenly realised that I should soon be having my baby and I long to hold him, touch him, feed him, love him......
I'm feeling quite down now and know that in a way, that is a good thing, because at least perhaps I might be grieving properly.
Everything is just so hard though. My business and money in general is not good at the moment, my relationship with my husband is not brilliant at the moment but I don't really know why and every day just seems to be the same hectic rushed mess!!!
I had a few erratic beats this morning, but only for a few seconds so I haven't taken one of my beta-blockers but I just still can't help worrying that there is something else wrong.

Sorry to keep going on about the same thing.
Love, Linda.

sal
03-03-06, 22:43
Dont apologise at all. You have had it hard and i totally understand that. You are doing really well and i am here for you whenever you need me. PM me your mob number so we can keep in touch more.

Love Sal xx

blondeangel
05-03-06, 23:48
hi linjane..
I have PD myself, and just had a big relapse after three years, so I understand how you feel. I have had to go back on meds after 3 years, and I don't like it at all, and I have requested for a low dosage of meds, because i prefer not to rely on them.
Myself, I have found that other things can work to help to ease the anxiety/panic....and one thing I have really noticed is that when I am having an attack, if I can do something to take my mind off of it, and concentrate on something else, it helps...but just to do that is hard, because the panic can be very intense and makes it difficult to concentrate. Myself, I like to write, read and draw, and I have found that sometimes that helps me relax. Also I am a videogame nut, and that sometimes helps too. If it is a nice day, going for a walk helps get rid of some of that tenseness I feel in my body. Stretching helps too, because my body gets really tense, and stretching helps my muscles relax a bit. My cats really help too...and they usually seem to know when I am not feeling great, and cuddling up with them helps. I also use a salmutomal inhaler, which is usually used for people with asthma, but it helps open my airways, so when I am having an attack, it helps...because when I get them I feel like I can barely breath a lot, and my chest feels like it is tightening up. I guess what I am trying to say is to try and do things that you know helps you relax, or things that you enjoy doing.
I am sorry to hear about your attack, and being alone while having it...I know that being alone when having an attack can be scary. I hope you are doing better now, and take care.

sal
06-03-06, 23:00
Hi hun

How are you getting on? Got your number so will text you during the day.

Love Sal xx