PDA

View Full Version : Left arm and wrist pain very anxious please help

gordie1
04-09-10, 02:17
Hi there Im really anxious I think Im having a heart attack. For about 8 hours Ive had a stabbing pain in my wrist, then later on it went to my shoulder and left arm, im feeling nauseated and today I had stabbing pains behind my back. Im too frightened to phone 999 or call nhs 24 i dont like feeling out of control. But i hold myself all tense all the time and im wondering if it is anxiety it is sore to move arms at times. Ive been really stressed today and been really angry all night could all this adrenaline cause tension plus I had 3 cans of diet coke today and 1 cup of tea, could caffeine cause muscle pain. I also have been googling a lot and reading the worst case scenarios. Im wondering if I am in a vicious circle. Please help

chilliwillie
04-09-10, 05:36
Hi, I have similar problems when stressed or anxious which still freak me out on occasion Tension is a big problem for me as my chest goes tight as well as my arm, unfortunately the more you read about your symptoms the worse it can become. Does it hurts when moving or pressing on the area if in doubt its always wise to contact your GP.

Kind Regards Will