PDA

View Full Version : Can lack of sleep cause fever?

mom1982
04-09-10, 10:24
Can lack of sleep cause low grade fevers without it being a bug or cold? Does anyone else experience this. I had 3 hours of sleep last night, i just was not sleepy and could not sleep.

chai
04-09-10, 12:06
not sure but when i get a little bit of sleep i always feel sick.

unspoken
04-09-10, 12:29
Yes, I experience this. I feel like my forehead is burning up sometimes and my face gets flushed. It tends to come on quite suddenly and is usually when I've not had enough sleep. Often I feel sick as well.

If I've been drinking alcohol I find I don't sleep and then I feel awful, sick, feverish, weak, dizzy and sweaty. Even after a little bit of alcohol. I think it is due to the not sleeping rather than the alcohol. So I've given up drinking, but sometimes I forget.

jothenurse
04-09-10, 14:00
What is your temperature?

mom1982
04-09-10, 14:10
about 37.4 degree celcius/99.4F. keeps going up and down. i am hot to touch and i get cold so i know im running a fever.

anyone know if this can be a symptom of early menopause? i get hot flushes as well sometimes.

suzy-sue
04-09-10, 14:25
Lack of sleep can cause feelings of flu like symptoms .I always feel hot and not well when I havnt had enough sleep .My husband does too .It affects the natural rythmn of the brain and as the brain is responsible for regulating hormones ,its not suprising it can cause hot flushes too .Evening primrose is good to help regulate your hormone levels .Your Dr can do a test if you think you may be having menopausal symptoms . Sue x

anthrokid
04-09-10, 14:42
My boyfriend burns up terribly when he's tired.

It may also be that your stress is higher because you haven't slept or your body is mistaking the feeling of lack of sleep for stress. When I get really stressed out I get hot and cold flushes and my temperature fluctuates between 35.5 and 37.5

jothenurse
04-09-10, 20:23
Your body temperature can normally fluctuate during the day. I'm not sure what your baseline temp usually is, but it usually needs to be a degree higher than baseline to really be considered a temp.