PDA

View Full Version : Grief, Anxiety, Stress

shirtie86
04-09-10, 18:56
Hey

I'm posting for some reassurance I feel like I've hit a brick wall and I don't know what direction to take at the moment.

Everything was ok I was managing my anxiety fine and I had completed my first year at university. Then my Nan passed away in march and then the same night my Nan passed away my other Nan fell and broke her hip I blame myself for my Nan's fall as I wasn't with her at the time she fell.

She was taken to hospital and I visited her every chance I got facing my fears of the hospital to visit her. She came out of hospital only to fall ill again with an infection she caught in the hospital so this continued she came in and out of hospital 4 times the last time she went in she told me she wasn't going to get any better and told me she loved me and that was the last time I saw her the following day I visited she became unconscious and me and my family stayed with her until she passed away.

She was a massive part of my life I had seen her everyday for 25 years and always felt I could talk to her about anything she helped with my anxiety stress and agoraphobia.

Now shes gone I don't know what to do I'm worrying about how I feel constantly I've got a headache which is a new symptom to appear pressure and pain across my forehead and sometimes on top of my head dull ache pain killers don't seem to shift it. I feel unreal spaced out a lot of the time cant concentrate or find motivation to do anything my girlfriend says its stress and anxiety and grief all pilled into one but I can't seem to believe her I'm convinced I've got a brain tumor or blood clot.

I'm finding it difficult to cope because I don't know what I should be coping with grief anxiety or stress

Paul

davey
04-09-10, 19:34
Sorry for the loss it sounds like you were very close to your nan. I would go with your girlfriend on this one it does sound like grief,anxiety and stress all rolled into one.

shirtie86
04-09-10, 19:39
hi thanks for the reply, yeah I was very close to my Nan still finding it hard accepting she has gone. Cant believe how stress can make you feel so bad its awful.

shirtie86
04-09-10, 20:47
Does anybody else suffer with similar headaches ??

jothenurse
05-09-10, 01:39
My mother just passed away last Sunday and the grief, stress, and anxiety mixed up together is hard. A lot of this is normal grief. The underlying anxiety just adds to it.
I'm sorry for your loss.

shirtie86
05-09-10, 12:22
I'm really sorry for your loss as well, everything seems abit surreal at the moment like its a bad dream :( and thank you for the reply.

bronte
06-09-10, 09:25
i lost my mum nearly 2 years ago my mum helped me with my anxiety and phobias and a big part of me is missing i miss her so much its unreal i still cant believe shes gone stress and grief can cause awful symptoms and the headache your having is one of them i get them they are called tension headache my sister suffers with them too so dont worry im sorry for your loss and hope you feel better soon but it takes time x