PDA

View Full Version : when do you need help?????

davey
04-09-10, 19:21
When do you seek medical attention with chest pains? Iv suffered over a year now-been to hospital a few times but i still dont know how bad you let it get before getting help. Paramedics have told me never to ignore chest pain because u never know but then doctors have told me lots of different things about symptoms etc, so im a little confused?

:unsure:

nomorepanic
04-09-10, 19:28
where does it hurt?

Does it hurt when you breathe in at all?

Does the pain radiate up into your neck, jaw or down your arms

Are you clammy to touch?

Do you feel sick?

Is the pain like a crushing sensation on the chest - usually described as "does it feel like an elephant is sitting on your chest"

Do you have a family history of heart disease?

Don't forget that acid indigestion/reflux causes chest pain as well

davey
04-09-10, 19:31
hurts direct centre of the chest,the rest of the questions is a no to all of them,i had some tablets for acid reflux but they didnt help at all,and no the pain feels like a bruise sort of pain,and yes it does hurt more when i breathe in

nomorepanic
04-09-10, 19:44
Sorry for all the questions but having had a heart attack I know what to expect and what they told me to look out for.

ok I was told that if it hurt when breathing in then it was muscular and not heart related as such so I hope that reassures you.

alicegreen
04-09-10, 20:13
Sorry for all the questions but having had a heart attack I know what to expect and what they told me to look out for.

ok I was told that if it hurt when breathing in then it was muscular and not heart related as such so I hope that reassures you.

Crikey, you are young to have a heart attack!

I agree with you though, the OP's chest pain does sound muscular.

nomorepanic
04-09-10, 20:57
I had it when I was 42 Alice - I am 44 now.

It was during a Crohn's flare-up unfortunately and I had a metal stent put in my artery.

davey
05-09-10, 17:35
Thankyou it does reassure me a lot, sorry for yourself hope your ok