PDA

View Full Version : anxiety at night time.help please

micheal
28-02-06, 21:05
i am on proponolol and diazepam 2mg at the mo', my anxiety gets worse around 6pm(ish) this started with a throaght infection as i couldnt breath and now im scared or feel as though i should be scared to sleep. i cannot sleep. im on a sick note for 2 weeks as i cannot drive.
ive tried nhs direct and my doctor, and i cannot keep having nights like this its aufull. does any1 have the same thing. please reply.

jackie
28-02-06, 21:07
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=reading

michael you are far from being alone have you tried reading any books on this, i feel claire weeks boooks are invaluable you can get them from the above site
jackie

micheal
28-02-06, 21:22
thanks but i just need summat now, im getting it again, i hate this. i wudnt wish this on my worst enemy!

jackie
28-02-06, 21:35
michael just no that we all feel this way and i no you wouldnt wish it on your worst enemy but the more fear you feed these horrible symptoms of anxiety the worse they become.

just know you are not alone in this, there are many here.

go into the chat room, and chat to people honestly about how you feel, that will definitely help

i hope you get some peace tonite
jackie

micheal
28-02-06, 21:37
thank you jackie, ive just been looking at that book, im going to go to wh smiths tomorow and buy both as i think that will help to take my mind off it! football used to work but even thats not fighting it now!

jackie
28-02-06, 21:39
just go to the top of the page and click on home. that will soon lead you to the chat roomm. i really want you to get the book. maybe tonite wont be good but tomorrow will be better if you get it i promise
jackie

Sue K with 5
01-03-06, 01:02
Hi Michael

I dont know if you use ebay but there are some great relaxation CD or even try smiths in the morning when you go!

Breathing techniques are also a good way of helping to control your panic and anxiety

http://nicolaquinn.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=60

I just saw this on another posting and I think you might benefit

Just a few suggestions

Sue with 5

scknight

henri
01-03-06, 09:29
Hi Michael,

I get night fear too - these days if i panic it's nearly always in the middle of the night.
The Clare Weekes books are brilliant - they always help me in my hour of need.
But what I find always helps me sleep is a relaxation technique that someone on this site taught me.

Lie on your back and relax your muscles as much as possible.
Focus on your right foot for about 15 seconds and imagine it relaxing and becoming heavier. Repeat the exercise, slowly moving up your body.
I have never got beyond my knee - this exercise always makes me fall asleep.
Might not work for everyone but definitely worth giving it a go!

Take care,

Henri

Ma Larkin
01-03-06, 10:14
Hi Michael, my anxiety gets worse about 5pm, I'm not on any meds, but do take 2mg diazepam if I think its going to turn into panic mode. I can't say it really helps my sleep, but it does take the edge off the anxiety. Have you tried anything herbal? I've heard members talking of taking Nytol, you could try this with being off work (some members on the site say they feel a bit groggy in the morning, but if you don't have to get up for work it might be worth giving it a try whilst your off).

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Les

Meg
01-03-06, 16:40
Michael

Instead of avoiding football, it would be helpful to keep exercising in some form. You wlll find it will not cause you to lose your breath but help keep you fit. Hope the infection has now passed which will aid you to feel better.

Panic and Illness (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8015)
Does anyone feel like physical things are causing! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7971)

Exercise - yes it does work (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7019)
panicky and anxious during exercise (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7514)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Dusty
02-03-06, 19:58
Hi Micheal

I find my anxiety increases as night draws in. The worse bit for me is sitting there - wide awake - thinking I am th only one awake and I am all alone. Of course we're not alone but it is very real when you can't find anyone to talk to. I've rung both the Samaritans and NHS Direct at about 2/3 am just to know someone else is awake too!

The worse thing to do with insomnia is worry - that is guaranteed to keep you awake. Things that have worked for me include:

Deep, slow, abdominal breathing
Lavendar essential oil
Vertiver essential oil
A warm bath
A mug of warm milk
Bach's Rescue Remedy
Diazepam (2-4mg)
and finally - Distraction anyway you can - a DVD never seen before; a good book; a mental mind game - anything to stop dwelling on what might or might not happen.

None are guaranteed to work everytime but anything that helps to calm the body and mind is a good thing. For the record - I've taken sleeping tablets before and they have had no effect whatsoever!

Dusty xx

deppsdaisy
04-03-06, 23:31
Hiya

My anxiety problem always kicks off at nighttime too, usually after dark? Any ideas how to cope with it as it makes me ill when it happens. My anxiety is linked to dogs and puppies, and when I decided to buy a pup. I have lost hundreds of pounds in deposits as I have not gone through with the purchase of the pup because of the severe feeling of anxiety at nighttime! Anyone help or got any suggestions, I really would like a dog one day for my family to enjoy.

andrew england 2
05-03-06, 12:38
not a good idea to take me up on this advice micheal but i find that night nurse cold cure is an excellent way to stop any anxiety and panic attacks on a nite time - drawback it leaves u feeling like u have a thick head the next day and its probably as addictive as diazepam in the long term - but if u havent tried it u could always use it in an emergency - still like i said this aint good advice - take care mate