PDA

View Full Version : Different reactions to Cipralex

Nicole01
05-09-10, 10:26
Hi All, (sorry for long post)

I'm new to the site and have found it really helpful already. I have suffered with OCD since i was 12 (I'm now 24) and have recently developed Health Anxiety. I had a sharp pain in my head 3 weeks back and suddenly though, "oh. What if i have a brain tumor?". Since that exact moment, I've been a mess. I've seen 3 doctors, have 2 full-on all singing all dancing eye exams and all's fine. Anyway...

I'd been on Cipralex twice before, since I was 18. I was roughly on it for about a year each time, before coming off. I had little/no side effects apart from maybe a few heacahes when coming off them.

After this recent episode, the doctor recommended I go back on them and afte 3 days, I experienced the most horrendous nausea. I was in a really bad way and was obviously petrified that it was "something else" because I'd never experienced it before despite having being on them twice previously.

I'm now on Sertraline (8 days in) and apart from the immediate nausea/dizziness straight after taking it, it seems to be ok so far...(touch wood).

I was just wondering whether anyone had similar experiences of different reactions to meds they'd been on before? Friend/family suggest that my body has changed during that time (I'm now a lot fitter and healthier) and that could be why I had such an adverse reaction this time.

Nicolex