PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried??

katrinax
05-09-10, 14:01
For the past few years I have had really bad stomachs cramps on and off (every now and again). I hardly ever went to the toilet (#2). Maybe once a week.
And not long ago - I found that I was bleeding from my bum. I was on my menstrual cycle at the time..
It has now stopped - but for the past two weeks I have had diarrhea and minor cramps around the stomach area, and mucus from the bum now and again.

Should this be seen as a concern?

Advice would be really appreciated.

Katrina x

jothenurse
05-09-10, 15:01
It could be irritable bowel syndrome but if it is a major change for you, it wouldn't hurt to see the doctor about it.

debs71
05-09-10, 15:36
That's what I thought too jothenurse.

Katrina, the cramps and mucus especially are classically typical of IBS. You also have either diarrhoea or constipation with IBS so that may explain you infrequently going to the loo.

When you had the bleeding had you been straining on the loo at all as that can cause a bit of blood? Or maybe it was menstrual blood if you were on your period?

I have IBS and have all these symptoms, and I would recommend seeing your doc too as if it turns out to be it, it can be managed relatively well.

Take care.x:)

katrinax
05-09-10, 16:21
Thank you for the advice =)

I will be making a doctors appointment soon - just a very busy girl at the moment lol. But I suppose this has to be sorted soon.
I am just a little worried if they need to take samples of my blood, as I have a fear of needles.

Again thanks =)

Katrina x

katrinax
05-09-10, 23:32
The pain has become more intense after eating.

It is usually a really bloated feeling which is normal after a meal - but I have just eaten and I have really bad pain round the bottom of my stomach.. And also a stabbing pain which comes and goes.