PDA

View Full Version : Question about swollen lymph nodes

Nanerpus
05-09-10, 15:07
Hello,

I have had a bad headflu/sinus infection for about 5 days now, and leading up to this infection my groin node was swollen and sore, sometimes itchy. This was before my symptoms even started. Is that normal? Does it mean they were fighting it off before the symptoms came? It's still swollen, in addition many others are in my neck (one was wicked sore for a few days and now they aren't really sore, just still swollen a bit). Does this all sound normal? I can feel several on both sides of my neck and one in my groin still, and I think some in my armpit but not sure - it may be muscles. I am still sick :-( too with a sore throat and headache. Can a headflu cause groin nodes to swell if it's bad enough?

Thank you all for your support! Best Wishes.

Vixxy
05-09-10, 17:52
Hi. Ive been feeling really crappy for a few weeks with the nodes in my head,neck and groin going up and down and being sore to the touch. almost like they feel bruised.
When we get an infection its usually the closest node that will become sore as this is the one doing the work.
But like you my problems are all sinus related, so why are my groin nodes angry too?
Im afraid I cant answer that question but i know that it can take a few weeks after you start feeling better before theyll return to normal and not be noticable again.
So i would say give it a few weeks and if youre still worried then go and talk to your gp about it.