PDA

View Full Version : Death of a Family Member

Sit2Know
05-09-10, 15:12
My nervous system has been wrecked for a very long time but the trial of an antidepressant that sent it over the edge 4 weeks ago and now an eminent family death may be making it worse.

I am so agitated and stressed I can't tell what is causing what - would appreciate feed back from others.

My wife's sister have been very ill for about 6 years. This past 4 months It has been one crisis and hospitalization after another and my wife has spent at least half her days dealing with multiple crises or in the hospital visiting her sister.

I am not close to her sister and in some areas I don't even like her - but we are in the same city and it is my wife's baby sister and her remaining sibling. She lost her other sister two years ago. Because of the 10 year age difference my wife almost raised her and they have been very close at times.

Her sister has been in ICU for a week and we were told she only had hours to live two days ago - this morning she is still on life support but hanging on.

I have been so sick I try to not get involved but I think the peripheral stress may be making me worse. I am so bad it is had for me to tell. Any thoughts please??

Sit

KATYB
05-09-10, 15:29
I kind of understand, my stepdad has advanced cancer, and we're now waiting to find out if the treatment is now just to be palliative, I am not awful close to him but he brought me up from about the age of 5 or 6 so there's a connection. his illness and pain is heartbreaking, but also I find myself upset because of what my mum and sisters are having to go through.

So i'd dare say that your agitation and stress is your way of reacting to what your wife is having to go through, you losing her to the hospital all the time and of her heartbreak for her little sister.

Take care x

jothenurse
05-09-10, 19:05
My Mom just passed away a week ago, and I know that dealing with the grief I feel about that and then add the anxiety to it, it is overwhelming at times.