PDA

View Full Version : What are the risks of heart attack at my age?

MrBlue
05-09-10, 20:59
Or any heart disease for that matter

I'm 18 years of age, my BMI is 22.5 and I'm not fat, but I'm also not skinny. I do almost no physical exercise apart from walking to most places and walking for aboubt 6 hours of my day at work 3 days a week. Non of my family have a history of heart disease except for dying of heart attacks over the age of 90 (great grandparents down to me)

the reason i ask is because i've been experiencing deep chest pains in areas of my chest, i spoke to my doctor and he listened to my heart and said it was 'regular'.

I suffer from stress and anxiety so this is another factor

Going home
05-09-10, 22:13
Hi there, didn't you ask your doctor this question when he examined you? but then he did tell you your heart was ok and you obviously don't believe him, not uncommon in health anxiety. I will say at your age and with the information about your weight and exercise etc, the chances of it happeneing are very remote in a healthy heart, but if you suffer with health anxiety then you won't believe anyone here who tells you this, and if this is the case then the pains you're experiencing probably are anxiety related. Also, depending on how long you've been gettting the chest pains, you may well have just strained your chest wall muscles and this can be very painful.

Anna xx

Vanilla Sky
05-09-10, 22:23
If you have had a check and all is clear , then i would say the chances of you having a heart attack at your age are .... zero :)

crazyhayz
06-09-10, 00:12
ask him for an ecg if u think will this reassure you, i worry bout my heat, im 22, and i get dizzy with bad palps and chesty pains and ive had 11 normal ecg's but still not convinced!! sorry i cant be of more help, but ur not alone!!

Fly away Katie
06-09-10, 09:37
I think its very rare to have heart problems at our age. You can get realy bad chest pains from anxiety x x xx