PDA

View Full Version : Paraniod of cancer!!!!!

kay1986
06-09-10, 00:10
for about a week now ive been suffering from a cold!, but now i have an aching type pain in the left side of my neck when i move it in a certain way and my head feels swollen on the left side!!!!

im so scared, this worry is driving mad!!!!!!!
:ohmy::weep::ohmy::weep::ohmy::weep::ohmy::weep::o hmy::weep::ohmy::weep::ohmy::weep::ohmy:

Nanerpus
06-09-10, 00:12
I know what you mean! I have had a head flu for a week and my neck is very sore. I have swollen lymph nodes all in my neck and they hurt for about a day, and now my neck just feels sore. I think I've been sleeping disrupted though, have you had trouble with that with your cold? That would explain one side being sore. I wouldn't worry about anything more than sore muscles, there are A LOT of those in there!

kay1986
06-09-10, 00:16
hi, nanerpus
i have had trouble sleeping, but i did go to docs a week ago friday and she checked my neck and head and she couldnt find anything!! so i shouldnt worry right????

Nanerpus
06-09-10, 00:17
I doubt she would really find anything unless she checked your neck very closely for all the muscles. Even a slight muscle ache or tension held all night could make you very sore the next day. Try taking a warm shower before bed and immediately when you wake up in the morning to help loosen up your neck muscles and see if that helps throughout the day. Your fine :)

Nanerpus
06-09-10, 00:18
Also - the fact that it hurts when you move it a certain way SERIOUSLY points to a muscle ache, not anything else. I wouldn't worry.

daybyday
06-09-10, 00:31
The swollen lymph nodes can make your neck hurt. They are doing their job to destroy the virus. It can take time for them to return to normal. I agree with the others, you will be fine. Rest in the drs. ok.

kay1986
06-09-10, 00:39
the only prob is guys, when i lie on my back, my head feels swollen/ kinda numb on the one side at the back?????

daybyday
06-09-10, 00:55
Could just be the swelling of the glands pressing on a nerve. Lots of glands in the neck even in the back by the ears. Pinch the nerve and it can feel a numby feeling.

MrBlue
06-09-10, 10:35
could well be your cold isn't yet gone and has moved to your head, if its still the same in a weeks time then go to the doctor :)