PDA

View Full Version : Hot/Dizzy/Close to passing out with Palp anyone?

crazyhayz
06-09-10, 00:10
I had a missed beat earlier, and went boiling hot all over and dizzy as i got it..literally as i got the palp i instantly felt like i was about to faint. it was literally over in about 5 seconds.. should i be worried? my ahdns n arms feel bit weak now.. my legs feel bit odd..

Bit of background..Ive had about 11 normal ECG's in the past 8 months, would this be enough to convince you your heart was fine? Im determined to get my cardiologist next week to give me an Echo (ultrasound of the heart) to confirm 100% that my heart fine and all the tubes etc are normal and working properly. Im 23 almost and my heart worries are starting to return after i thought i was past them :( How can i convince them to give me an echo?? im worried what i felt earlier wasnt normal.. it felt like my heart was beating then it beated then stopped then beated again, i usually get 'extra' beats, but not this weird stopping feeling :( im so scared now :( im terrified of sads, and think im guna just die at any moment.. im startin college tmoro and duno wot the hell im guna do if i get this in class!! what if it happens when im driving?! argh :(

Is it normal to feel WITH YOUR PALP that ur going to pass out?! I really do think theres sumthin the ECG's arent showing or picking up.. as i get so many strange symptoms and weird feelings.. :( my heart anxiety is back with a vengeance :( :( :(

Please help me and tell me how you would handle this situation.. i cant bear it anymore. I know for a fact il stop all the worrying if i got an ultrasound, i had a brain scan for dizziness a few months back that came back clear and i havent worried one bit about any feeling in my head since. I only care bout my brain and heart at the end of the day, i just want to know ive definitely not got anything wrong with my heart :(

Im bit scared to go to bed.. :(

Rob83
06-09-10, 00:33
IN YOUR OWN WORDS
im startin college tmoro
it was literally over in about 5 seconds
Ive had about 11 normal ECG's in the past 8 months
i get so many strange symptoms and weird feelings.. :( my heart anxiety is back with a vengeance

ITS AN ANXIETY THING PURE AND SIMPLE, YOU ARE AQUTELY AWARE OF YOUR HEART, SO ANY SLIGHT STEP AWAY FROM A REGULAR BEAT AND YOUR GOING TO NOTICE IT. I WOULD THINK ITS VERY VERY UNLIKELY THAT 11 ECG'S WOULD MISS A SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM, IE ONE THAT WOULD THREATEN YOUR LIFE. NO HEART KEEPS A PERFECTLY REGULAR BEAT, DONT LOOK AT IT AS A TICKING TIME BOMB, LOOK AT THE AMAZING SIDE OF IT, I'D SAY IF ITS GOT YOU THIS FAR THEN ITS PROBABLY GOT A GOOD FEW YEARS LEFT IN IT YET.

IN YOUR OWN POST YOU ARE AWARE OF THE BLATENTLY OBVIOUS ITS THE ANXIETY THAT WROTE THE REST.

kaijo
06-09-10, 00:41
Wow Rob that was a great answer, everytime I write on here could you please just send that to me, because that is what we need to hear x

Rob83
06-09-10, 00:50
LOL, yeah sure why not. I think we are all the same, we all know the truth, the logical explanations etc but the anxiety just spirals everything out of control.

kaijo
06-09-10, 00:51
definatley if only we could all take our own advice eh Rob! How long have u suffered with anxiety? x

Rob83
06-09-10, 01:03
I've suffered as long as I can remember, its always been a part of who I am, I get good patches and bad patches, I'm just coming out the other side of a VERY bad patch that lasted about 4 years and has done its very best to ruin my life, I held on in there though and now its a rebuild job, get myself back to something recognisable as me.

crazyhayz
06-09-10, 20:40
thanks rob, much appreciated. does anyone have dizziness/passing out feeling/hot flush/chest pain WITH their palps when they get them?????

s11fyx
06-09-10, 20:46
i woozy and get hot flushes they cause me to have adrenaline rushes and then i can feel my heart beat which i hate x

crazyhayz
06-09-10, 20:49
yeah thatg wot it feel like, i go instantly hot and rushy, but WITH the palp, not afterwards.. its horrible.. :(

s11fyx
06-09-10, 21:05
it def sounds like anixety related do u have rescue remedy over there thats really good and helps calm you down x

Ella_Jayne
06-09-10, 21:50
I have had this before, infact I had it yesterday. My heart out of nowhere skipped a beat and then every other beat for about 15 seconds, I felt weak like I was about to faint and my vision went blurry. I've had it before too and I've come to the conclusion that when I have these kinds of beats (ectopics) they worry me so much that I panic instantly that causes the weakness and blurry vision and so on.

When it's over I keep thinking about it which leaves me on edge for most of the day and I feel fed up and frustrated and weak in general. I have really bad heart anxiety but it use to be so much worse. I use to say to myself 'if only I had an ECHO, i would know for defo that I was okay and all this would go away', so I had one (after annoying my doctor so much that he just gave in) and my heart anxiety went quiet for a few days, maybe a week tops and then it came back with a vengance. I started thinking, 'maybe the ECHO was wrong!!!' and then obsessed over SADS. Which I'm now fairly educated on. If you were a candidate for SADS, they would have found something in your ECG's. Long QT syndrome and Cardiomyopathy are the two leading causes of SADS and they both would cause signifigant changes on an ECG and since you've had 11, then your heart is just fine.

I know advice is hard to take when anxiety is lurking in your mind but please try to counteract your irrational thoughts, you don't have a heart problem therefore the episode you had must have been down to anxiety.

Maybe you were worrying about starting college and started thinking about your anxiety and how bad it use to be or something and you just got stressed and naturally your nervous system will respond.

You are just fine. I know how blooming hard it is to try and get on with anxiety especially where the heart is concerned so I don't expect you to read this and go 'Oh right that's okay then I can stop worrying now' we all know it doesn't work like that but take deep breaths, you're fine. I've read your posts on here and you've come a long way. Don't let this blip stand in your way. You're stronger than that. :)

crazyhayz
06-09-10, 23:26
Thankyou ella, your a star. Yes i have come such a long way, thats why im so disappointed in myself that im letting this have control over me :( Its really hard. I dont know why but i just cannot seem to accept that the ecg's are enough proof... Ur right i would probably find sumthin else to worry about and start thinking bout all the 'what ifs', god im so angry with myself as ive done all the work on 'what ifs' and have given good advice on here bout how to fight it all, so why am i now posting this about my heart?! I think its coz i know that the heart is what keeps me alive, and because i used to take alot of illegal drugs when i was younger, i fear ive damaged my heart in some way.. I geta weird pinching pain under my left breast, no1 ive asked seems to have it, its so strange, i get it all the time for hours on end, but then i think 'if there was anything wrong it would be there all the time' wouldnt it??? So i need to hit that one on the head... lastnight was scary though as ive never been physically woken by pain in my chest, ok it only lasted 2 minutes but it was such an intense ache, then it disappeared like it never happened!! it was so weird!! Maybe i was having a panic attack in my sleep... i dont know. Its weid coz i can control my panic attacks now, thats what cbt did for me, but i feel ive LOST control of my thoughts that i stupidly allow into my head :( i can somehow stop myself from having an attack but the symptoms of anxiety is still basically the same as a panic attack neway, and its all starting again :( I know the rest of the symptoms are all anxiety (blurred vision, shakes, weakness in arms n legs, tight throat and cant get enough air in) I just hate these blimmin' palps and chest pains with head rush and dizziness :( whyyy is it happening :( I hate it i just want it to stop!!!! I better get this echo or i think il just crack up! I need to feel happy and safe when im alone but atm i cant bear it, i need sum1 around me incase i have a sudden heart failure and my 22month old son isnt left sat there alone with me on the floor! I stupidly have pictured the whole scenario already! Sad i know.... im sorry :( I just hate the fact that ive done so well and cleared up anxiety for so long then BAM its all back and same as usual, alllllll heart related!!!!! :( I hate anxiety :(

qaz321
07-09-10, 01:29
Hey crazyhayz!
I know exactly how you feel. Although I am younger than you, I experience the same symptoms that you do. Sometimes I get the feeling that my heart stops, and it usually happens in the afternoon. When it happens it's not like a normal palpitation with a hard beat, it's like the heart literally beats normal, pauses, and then after this scary pause for about 4-6 seconds beats again.
Also, while it happens I get this weakness spread from my chest, almost like a paralysis. It's really scary, and I think I've got this happen to me a total of 12 times. I've also had many ECGs done, and even an echo a couple of years ago, and I am completely fine. :hugs:
This greatly fuels my anxiety though. :huh:

Also, I don't get chest pains like you do, but instead I get a constant chest tightness/pressure which is recurring every afternoon.

Hope I helped :yesyes:

Ella_Jayne
08-09-10, 23:30
I know exactly how you feel. I've imagined the worse even before it's happened, it's horrible the fear your mind can create. I have an intense fear of being home alone and every time I know I have to be alone my mind goes into overdrive, picturing the worst, me collapsing and lying helplessly on the floor from heart failure or something. It's horrible.

I've went to CBT like you. Infact I tried it twice. It has stopped panic attacks out of the blue and made me realise just how destructive my thinking was but I still get heart anxious and anxious in general. Most of the time I can handle it but some times I'm convinced that I have a heart condition that has gone undetected. It's terrible having to listen to the phews from my friends and family everytime that I mention a chest pain or flutter but I always say to myself, 'It's been a year if anything was going to happen, surely it would have happened by now esp after tests and so on'.

I think you have done really well in dealing with all of this and you have a little boy to look after too, maybe he's one of the drives to your success. I hope you get your ECHO, just for your peace of mind and when it comes back normal please try not to go into 'maybe it was wrong' mode as I did. Once I did I couldn't shake it off.

Did you end up starting college or was the anxiety too much?
Do give me an update if you have time.

I've also been woken by chest pain and also a racing heart one time. I was super worried about it and went to my GP, he just said that panic and anxiety symptoms can present themselves at night too. I was quite stressed the days before it happened so I just figured it was due to that.

Have you had any ectopics or weird sensations since?